Saturday 25 January 2020

Amazing Cerebus: A AMOC Mailbag Tale

Hi, Everybody!

Cerebus Archive Number Eight: Women

Green Dante/Green Virgil, featuring the FIRST ALL NEW DAVE SIM ART IN CEREBUS IN HELL? OF 2020!!!

And Friend to the Blog, Greg Hyland is running the next volume of The Monster Atlas on Kickstarter. (Ten days to go, I better make sure I got money...)

The GoFundMe for Blair Kitchen's family.


And F. Paul Wilson is selling his Cerebus #1.
_________________

The ol' AMOC Mailbag got some items from David Birdsong.

He says:
Hey Matt,

So I came across a HUGE file of Fantagraphics publications while looking around online for Cerebus bootlegs. I haven't found any in about a year so maybe I've tracked them all down. There is a bootleg of the first four Cerebus In Hell? issues, the mini-series, but not one of issue 0.

Anyway, in the Fantgraphics file is a bunch of complete and incomplete titles including a smattering of Amazing Heroes issues. After looking through them and remembering the early 80s I only found a few things about Cerebus which I will include here.

From Amazing Heroes: The first issue cover with an ad on the back mentioning Cerebus (no big deal, but...).
Oooh, "goopy" Byrne... (I'm not a fan...)


There was a brief mention of Cerebus in a story about funny animal comics, but nothing more that just a mention that it was still going strong after 35 issues. And finally from issue 158 (February 98) is a review of Cerebus 114, a really nice review actually.
Click to actually be able to read it...

And from that same issue about 3D comics is an unfinished version of the AV in 3D cover which I wish was better quality.



Okay, happy end of the weekend,

David B
Thanks David!

Next Time: Oliver! And Cerebus in Hell. Wait, did I say Cerebus, I meant me. Twitter is Hell for me...

No comments: