Thursday 2 January 2020

The List of Notebook Entries

MARGARET LISS:
A few years ago I scanned all of Dave Sim's notebooks. He had filled 36 notebooks during the years he created the monthly Cerebus series, covering issues #20 to 300, plus the other side items -- like the Epic stories, posters and prints, convention speeches etc. A total of 3,281 notebook pages detailing his creative process. I never really got the time to study the notebooks when I had them. Just did a quick look, scanned them in and sent them back to Dave as soon as possible. So this regular column is a chance for me to look through those scans and highlight some of the more interesting pages.

To start off the new year, a listing of the pages from the notebooks that have appeared on this blog:
And for making it all the way to the bottom of the list? A look at the one picture I took of the notebooks:

The blue notebook is #2a, the green is  Albatross Five and the brownish red one is Alabross Four.
Yeah, it is a crappy picture, because that was the limitation of my digital camera at the time. I should've taken more pictures, but . . .if only I knew then, what I know now. I hope some day to make it back up to Kitchener and the Off White House to do some better documentation.

If there is something you'd like to see from Dave Sim's notebooks that I haven't posted yet, please let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

Brian West said...

I gotta lot of reading to catch up on before I can even think about make any kind of request about what to see from Dave's notebooks. Thank you for sharing Margaret.