Saturday 23 July 2022

Dave sends me the neatest stuff...

Hi, Everybody!

As the title says, Dave sends me neat stuff:

Back DURING the The Kickstarter for the Cerebus #4 CAN Portfolio 6-7/78 (get your surveys in, and fix your payment if you're one of THOSE PEOPLE...) Dave sent me scans of the Cerebus head sketches he did (as they were pledged for):
They wuz all this big. I trimmed them down for the postings.

These are the $390 dollar level: 


If you're not Margaret, and DON'T obsessively scrutinize every Dave drawing, all three are different (the clue is the black to the right of Cerebus' head. All three are different...)

Then the BIG MONEY $900 level:




(The difference to look for here are the little lines on the snout, and the black on the lower left edge. I'd say I get paid to notice these things, but that'd be a gawdamn lie...)
 
And the $190 dollar ballpoint pen level:

And then Dave sent me:

Come on Dave! A little tease of the cover in the background? Really?!?


Don't worry Josh/Margaret, it's a "click for bigger" deal...

And then, *FAIR WARNING* *FAIR WARNING* Dave's gonna get more religious this week:
Um...I got Pope cards?
Yes, I added MLB official product stickers. Because I'm going to hell. And if you laughed, you are too.

Found it:

Here's a close-up:
Benny and Frankie aren't on the list, because they're not dead...
____________________________________
Cerebus in Hell?:
Anyway, if you haven't ordered Flailing At Love, you might wanna get on that...
____________________________________
Hey remember the Remastered Form & Void?
Greetings backers,

Form & Void is officially in the hands of the printer!

We don't have a delivery date yet but as soon as we know when they're coming we will post an update.

Everything else related to this project has been printed so it's just down to the actual books.

For those of you that are interested, we are only producing 400 deluxe books. 200 hardcover and 200 softcover. We have a limited number still available for pre-order on the Waverly Comics website in different bundle options. Link: https://waverlycomics.com

Thank you for backing this project!
If YOU have anything related to the 1982 Tour, that'd be of interest, shoot me an email at momentofcerebus@gmail.com and I'll get it to the Waverly Press.
____________________________________
Living the Line got a new series with Carson Grubaugh  The Abolition of Man #1. It's a comic "drawn" by an AI.

They also published The Strange Death of Alex Raymond, which has the website of annotations.

The Strange Death of Alex Raymond didn't win an Eisner. We're all disappointed...
____________________________________
In Oliver's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark is currently available "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi".
____________________________________
The Cerebus Guide to Self-Publishing is BACK on CerebusDownloads.com (if it doesn't show up, refresh the page.)
____________________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide:
July 27-31
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off -- that means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more!

And here's a little preview of something I'm calling 
Matt's Stupid Project #2:

Next Time: The Pope's in Canada, what's the "over/under" that Dave tries to give him a copy of Church & State 2?

4 comments:

john g. said...

I’m seeing the Ninja Turtle as Galactus and Cerebus as the Silver Surfer in that picture? …It’s probably just me.

Birdsong said...

I wouldn't bet my soul on anything, but whatever is below that... yeah, I would bet THAT that Dave will not be meeting with His Holiness this week. I do wonder if he could stop by Washington, D.C. before heading back to the Vatican and maybe just a general exorcism for the city? The Pope, I mean. Not Dave.

Paul Slade said...

Previews listed the remastered Form & Void as reaching comics shops on July 27. I assume the information above means date's no longer applies?

Steve said...


Seeing these prices and the quality of the art attached to it, I'm quite grateful for the original art finds I've had over the years.

Steve