Saturday 9 July 2022

Please Hold For Dave Sim 7/2022

Hi, Everybody!

Three HOURS. Two minutes and twenty seconds.

Let's hope I can get the thirteen parts assembled as videos before midnight tonight...

Anyway, the "As" get first:


And now the "Vs":

Part 1: we remember Jeff:
And Steve has a Jeff related question:
And everybody else had questions about Steve's birthday gift to me:
And Steve was wondering about Fred, Ethel, and the little fella with the hair:
Part 2: Dan wanted to know:
Matt,
How many of the 6,000 pages and 300 covers exist?
How many of them does Dave possess?
Is Dave “satisfied” with scans or is there a reason to pursue the actual pieces?
If you’d like, you can forward these questions to Dave.
Dan

Part 3: Mike Sewall asks:
Hey Dave and Manly Matt –

On A Moment of Cerebus Blog in 2017, there is a listing for Collected Letters 1990, Collected Letters 2004 Vol 3, and Collected Letters 2006. Do these still exist as digital files or (gasp!) real honest-to-goodness books?

Also - Why was letters 2 so much different than Letters 1 – trim size, no title page, etc.?
Thanks for all you do!
- M J (Mike) Sewall
P.S. – Thanks for the copies of Letters 1 and 2! My Cerebus/Sim bookshelf is pushing out lesser works by those little-known-hacks, Miller, Moore and Watterson. I am busily shoring up from underneath to accommodate the “Sim Wing” of my house.
Part 4: Easton, PA’s resident troublemaker, Michael R. asks:
Hi Matt!
Hope you are enjoy/enjoying the Fourth of July weekend. My questions for Dave.

Hi Dave!
Thank you for the " Quick and Dirty Portfolios " of Cerebus No. 4 6-7/78. Are any differences between the one you sent me and what is being offered on this Kickstarter?

My other question pertains to the last "Please Hold". You and Matt were discussing about video editing and the difficulties of it. Has there been any outtakes on your Weekly Updates which maybe you can put together to make a bloopers segment? It might be fun to watch.

Michael R

Part 5: A guy wants to print Dave's stuff. 
Part 6: Coin Upton said:
Oh yes, I got the letter a couple days ago... It usually takes me awhile to compose my thoughts.

I am most grateful for the cheque and yes, doing a "digest" (could you ask Dave what he means by "digest"? Does he mean a mini-comic - 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 inches? A digest to me is 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 inches.) sounds like fun. I have actually thought a lot about the enigma that is Dave Sim. It would be about my relationship with Dave, starting with the reprinting of my story "Chris" in the back of Cerebus. "Chris" was an attack on Woke culture before it even had that name. It would be in part about how it's possible to fundamentally disagree with someone while remaining on friendly terms, a lost art I'm afraid in these days of cancel culture I fear. I imagine we can find things to agree about. Thank Dave for giving me this opportunity. However, I do consider my abysmal spelling to be part of my comics homey charm... :)

Thank you
Colin
PS I don't think Peter Birkamoe (I don't know who he is) is arranging my trip to TCAF but rather the publisher of Conundrum Press. He will fly me there but I will have to find a place to stay while in Toronto.
Part 7: Nick wants Dave for a podcast (specifically to talk about Tangent), and Justin is a pothead (maybe):
Part 8: and we answer the questions you guys had on Margaret's Notebook post:
Okay, the rigamarole is down below.

Have fun!

Next Time: Fuck, man i just spent all day making THIS post...

2 comments:

john g. said...

Some juicy stuff in there! That’s the first time I’ve heard that story about an unhappy Gerhard coming to Dave’s place in 2014 to divide up the original artwork. Great content. Keep it coming!

Margaret said...

Thanks for continuing to do these segments boss man (and Dave). I know I enjoy listening to all 3 hours. :)