Sunday 14 May 2023

It's been 17 years, I think I can post this now...

Hi, Everybody!

Let's check in with eBoner:
Gosh this is *so* "exciting" (I'm required by contract to say that...)

Christon wants to know if he can bid on Boner, I presume he means Dave's Boner, and not My Boner as seen above.
Quit staring at Dave's Boner you preverts!

Short answer Christon: No.

Long answer: No, because of what this is. As Dave said in Dave Sim's blogandmail #26 (October 7th, 2006):
Late breaking Matt & Paula bulletin: Actually this whole week's worth of Blog & Mail's has turned out differently from how I had pictured it going. See, I've had this idea sitting on the desk of a movie producer in Hollywood (who, I suspect, is a Yahoo lurker—he started reading the book at issue 2 back in high school) since the middle of July in the form of storyboards for the proposed trailer and 50 pages of script and I had pretty much given up on it. I figured it was really bad and he just couldn't bring himself to tell me how bad it was (which I thought was nice of him). So, that was when I thought: Why don't I just post the storyboards that I did, one at a time along with the dialogue and a rough idea of what the film is about and then auction the storyboards and script on eBay—just as artefacts, but always with the possibility that someone might want to buy the rights to the script or option it, or whatever. And weirdly enough I got a phone call from the Cartoon Network while I was mulling that over asking if the rights to Cerebus are available for a new division they're opening up (I don't know if I'm supposed to talk about the new division, so I won't). Well, no, the rights to Cerebus aren't available. But then, Christine (Hi, Christine) calls back and asks if I have any other intellectual properties that I'm not as finicky about. And I thought about this movie idea and whether or not it could be turned into a cartoon idea. And then just when I was mulling THAT over, I got a call from the first producer's administrative assistant (Hi, Diane!) saying that he was working 20 hours a day on two different movies (the name of one of which you would recognized right away) but that my project is right at the top of his pile of projects to look at when those two movies are done. So, that's why you aren't looking at storyboards and dialogue and a synopsis here and are reading this instead (unless you got bored and went and read something else instead instead).

HOW is this a Matt & Paula tie-in? I thought you'd never ask. See, I used Boner the Runt Dog in the script! It's true! Matt used Cerebus without permission on the back of his Beer and Iguana zine, so I thought, Hey! Why don't I use Boner the Runt Dog without permission! The character in the script who comes up with Boner (in a manner of speaking) created him in high school and guess what? Matt created Boner the Runt Dog in high school!
So, now I have to figure out if I should send Matt the script, or just the parts of the script where Boner is mentioned or just send him the letter with my Boner the Runt Dog sketch and I still can't make up my mind. One way or the other, we're getting closer to the time when all original copies of Beer and Iguana with the first appearance of Boner the Runt Dog are going to need to be slabbed by CGC. And one way or another The Entire Matt Dow family—or at least Matt and his grandmother—are now all going to be Hollywood billionaires!

Billionaires I tell you!
It's been almost seventeen years, I think I can share the first three pages of the script (plus the title page), and it'll be okay...
So you see, Christon, I can't just sell my Boner like a common gigolo. I need to treasure and care for my Boner like the precious li' bundle of joy it is...

What's that?

Youse guys wanna see the rest of the script?

Gee, maybe I need to start a GoFundMe...
__________________________________________
The Last Day Remarqued Editions are now available Internationally! As I heard it:
Dave says we can open up THE LAST DAY Remarqued editions to international buyers.

The extra shipping for international is:
International Surface = $35 Canadian dollars - takes 1.5 - 3 months to get
or
International Air = $75 Canadian dollars - takes 1 - 2 months to get
So, click on over to CerebusDownload.com, and there are THREE BIG-@$$ Buttons. Pick your poison, pay with the PayPals, and while you're waiting the next couple of months, you can click the button and play the Cerebus in Hell? videogame...

It's pretty neat. Tell your friends.

Anyway, if YOU want YOUR copy of the Remastered The Last Day to be personalized (like mine is), you need to pay at CerebusDownload.com, then call (519) 576-0610 and leave a message for Dave explaining that you bought a copy (I'd say what the name that paid is, so Dave can verify with Eddie. Like if you're Boner the Runt Dog's brother Sappy, but GenericDogOwner@email.com paid, I'd say "Hi Dave! This is GenericDogOwner@email.com, I paid for a Remarqued The Last Day at CerebusDownload.com, and would like it personalized "To my old friend Boner the Runt Dog's brother Sappy!" please. I've been a fan since the Salt Lake City Ye Bookees of Cerebus Show..." (Ya know that the tape DOES run out, right?...) OR, if you have the technology, you could fax your PayPal receipt to (519) 576-0955 to prove to Dave that you paid, and include your personalization request. Or if you know Eddie's email (I do. I know all sorts of stuff. Like the address of the Off White House. And How Rom Com: The Final Confrontation ends. And how much Margaret HATES that I won't share the script with her. It's all in the AMOC Editor's Book of Secrets...), you could email Eddie with your personalization request, and make HIM tell Dave to write "To Boner the Runt Dog's brother Sappy!" on your Remarqued The Last Day that you bought from CerebusDownload.com for $99 Canadian Dollars.
____________________________________
____________________________________
Heritage has three pages from Cerebus Jam #1! And Akimbo! And The Lone Vark & Lone Turtle paintings!
____________________________________
CEREBUS IN HELL?:
New one!
CIH PRESENTS WAR IN HELL? & CIH PRESENTS WAR IN HELL? Signed
____________________________________
Hey Matt!
Could you add a link to SDOAR 2023 GFM at the bottom of your posts on AMOC?
Thanks!
Jen
____________________________________
Oliver's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark it's currently available on "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi". If you're in Brazil..."Mometu", "Nuclear Home Video".
____________________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide:  
May 14 & 25-29
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off 
__________________________________
Next Time: "Christon wants Dave's Boner." That's a sentence ya don't type every day...

1 comment:

Christon said...

You can't blame me. I really wanted Manly's Boner..like really hard!
Oh well, a guy can dream..