Wednesday 31 May 2023

The Aversions #1... IN STORES NOW!

Benjamin Hobbs:

It's the last Wednesday of the month! Time to roll into your LCS and DEMAND the newest CIH? one-shot.  This month's entry: The Aversions #1. Available both signed and unsigned:


 

Now available to order from Diamond: Aardvarkian Splendor #1. Signed by Dave and not signed by Dave:



Also available, The Last Day:


We're thinking about doing Aardvarkian Splendor variants.  The two tiny covers featured on the regular cover.  But as full covers. Let us know in the comments if you'd be interested:


Next Week: MORE Cerebus in Public Domain Romance comics!

8 comments:

Birdsong said...

The final version of the covers features the same Dave face with the "Prose Before Hoes" slogan on the brown shirt version. There is a Punisher parody somewhere in Cerebus In Hell?'s future, but not this issue.

Christon said...

On my smaller screen, that Dave shirt looks like Charles Manson. I'm pretty amused by that cover and would buy one, if available.I

Michael R. said...

The bottom one looks more Puncheminnaface Manly than the top one. ;)
Michael R.

Anonymous said...

Seriously… what’s the point of this “series”? I’ve bought a few of the early ones, and they are awful! I can’t imaging the quality of these things has improved. They are pedantic and unfunny. Do they even make money? If Sim wants to bring back Cerebus, why not hire an artist and a co-writer and have them do all the heavy-lifting on a new mini series or one-shot?

-Bob O

Birdsong said...

You can't imagine, Bob O? Close your eyes and squeeze.

Anonymous said...

I just shat myself. Thanks for that.

Bob O

Christon said...

Bob, I have no idea if the CIH series is profitable or not but I have to respectfully disagree with you about its humor. Many of the topics are honestly hilarious! Additionally, I truly admire its originality. There is NO other series in the medium, currently, that is a perfect counter-piece to today's ridiculous media narratives. It stands absolutely alone. For that, I will continue to support CIH.

Tony Dunlop said...

*yawn* Don't like it? Don't buy it. I don't, but I have nothing against its continued publication.

I must say, as both a Pekar fan and a Crumb fan, I do enjoy the Crumb lettering on the Aardvarkian Splendor "variant" covers.