Tuesday 9 May 2023

SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe #19: Shots Returned

 "What I am sure most people are going to call a masterpiece, because it rightly deserves to be. It is freaking awesome. I was blown away."  

Uncanny Omar, Near Mint Condition


So.... I'm watching the Lakers game last night, scrolling through Twitter on my phone to see what FS1's First Things First hosts Nick Wright, Chris Broussard and Kevin Wildes are tweeting about the game, when I get two alerts for the same tweet. 
Alright, Manly, let's see what you got.
"Let's see Jen DiGiacomo and Emo Dave top THAT!!!"

Oddly, the strip I had been working on for today was playing out along similar lines, almost a prequel to this, admittedly, humorous image. So I present what I had previously written and mocked up, with two tiny additions, just for Manly, who, I want everyone to know, I think the world of. But I like to poke people. It's my superpower. And at the risk of getting myself into more trouble in the future, allow me to admit that I like when people poke me back. So, Manly, this is for you!
I'm just going to call that, shots returned.

Jen's Non-Stressful Giant-Sized Ashcan(s) Update

Great news! We just submitted our first two PDFs to Alfonso for two versions of the SDOAR 2023 #1 Giant-Sized Ashcan. Work continues on #0. As you can see above, we are working within templates with bleed and trim lines -- and if Dave agrees, I'll be including some of the strips within each issue.

The next big thing is to get the Giant-Sized Ashcans in my hands to see what they look like -- and what tweaks we need to make. Good times!

SDOAR GoFundMe Tote Board

Since the tote board didn't make it into this week's strip (really, what's the point of these strips?!?), let's get an up-to-the-minute SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe campaign update:
  • $5,075.00 raised from 96 donations (plus $62.08 outside of GoFundMe).
  • 29 new pages released as mocked up by Dave Sim from June 11 to August 25, 2021
  • 500 total pages available on Dropbox, including Dave's 2019 mocked-up pages
  • Only $125.00 away from unlocking page 51
Just the Facts, Ma'am
  • If you have not donated >> $5+ donation grants access to all 50 pages and all pages moving forward! 
  • If you have donated (thanks!!) >> GoFundMe does not have an option for monthly subscriptions. So... if you want to donate on a monthly basis, please do so as we are in the second week of month #5.
  • GoFundMe is a dreadful communication platform -- if you haven't heard back from me, gotten access to the new pages, etc., please email me at jen@typingmonkeys.com
SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe -->> https://gofund.me/4e2e1c96 <<-- SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe

Just the FAQs, Ma'am
    All quiet on the question front. Almost... too quiet.

    Just the Fax, Ma'am

    It is rare that Dave falls this far behind on rewards, but he and I did a full review and everyone's rewards should be in the post this week. The good news, is when he falls behind, Dave pulls out the good stuff!

    Want one for yourself? Donate enough to unlock the next page (at every $200) and I'll get Dave to add you to his list! As always, email me at jen@typingmonkeys.com with any questions!

    SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe -->> https://gofund.me/4e2e1c96 <<-- SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe

    *NEW* Cerebus #23, 24, 25!

    Next up on the block are Cerebus issues #23, 24 and #25. Good clean duplicate copies I bought as a collection -- never opened by me! Make me an offer -- and we'll kick the proceeds over to the SDOAR GoFundMe campaign!
    If you are interested, you should know the drill by now -- email Jen at jen@typingmonkeys.com and we'll get you sorted!

    SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe -->> https://gofund.me/4e2e1c96 <<-- SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe

    That's all she wrote, folks!

    Jen 

    No comments: