Monday 1 May 2023

Leggo my Lego Cerebus!

Hi, Everybody!

Since Dave had me on the Fax: The Last Day Update:
Come on guys... we said NO international orders until Dave figured out how to handle them... (I know, I know, youse guys don't have English as a first language, and the faxes are IMAGES, I know.) But for the kids in the back: Hakuna Siku ya Mwisho kwako.
______________________________
I got mail. My bestie Temperance sent me this:
Click for bigger

It's the 1993 Jam Print. Signed by Martin Wagner and Jeff Smith. (I had to scan it in two pieces and digitally reassemble it. There's not a big crease in the actual print. (I had to scan it for Cerebus so I can make a better version of this:
).)

Thanks Temperance!!!
______________________________
So, as promised in the "Next Time:" from yesterday, an Update on Matt's Lego Cerebi:
I bought paint. So AFTER I make the Audio AND Videos for the May Please Hold For Dave Sim (YOU can be a part of it by getting your questions in to momentofcerebus@gmail.com by Wednesday night. Around 8ish CST. That's when I send the fax...) this weekend, I'ma paint all the legs, heads, hands, and chests to make my 16 Lego Cerebi:

Then I gotta make the Sculpty molds for the tails and swords, form them out of hot glue and paint them.

Then I gotta make 16 little black vests out of fabric. Here's my template if you're playing at home:
So, I decided I wanted a bit of fabric under the head, around the neck peg. So the two holes on top are for that, and the two holes below and out farther are the arm holes.

I made a prototype, it's crappy but doesn't look TOO bad:




Again, it's the proof-of-concept. I'ma make them better. Promise.

"So when can we expect to be able to throw money at you for one of these things, Matt?"

No clue. Maybe Monday. Maybe just in time for Christmas. I mean, I get easily distracted. And rereading what all I said I have to do, that shit sounds like work...

More updates as they become necessary.
____________________________________
Gerhard is hitting the road! First stop: The Border! Second stop: A Bathroom! Third stop: Indiana! Fourth stop: The Lakes International Comic Art Festival 2023 Bowness-on-Windermere – Friday 29 September to Sunday 1 October (there may be stops in-between. Probably for snacks...)
____________________________________
____________________________________
Heritage has the page from Minds where Cerebus asks what the hell the things around his neck are. And other neat stuff.
____________________________________
CEREBUS IN HELL?:
New one!
CIH PRESENTS WAR IN HELL? & CIH PRESENTS WAR IN HELL? Signed
____________________________________
Hey Matt!

Could you add a link to SDOAR 2023 GFM at the bottom of your posts on AMOC?


Thanks!

Jen
____________________________________
Oliver's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark it's currently available on "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi". If you're in Brazil..."Mometu", "Nuclear Home Video".
____________________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide:  
May 10-14 & 25-29
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off 
__________________________________
Next Time: JenBenMagsDave! With a Please Hold in the middle!

3 comments:

Paul Slade said...

So what about spine stickers for those of us who pre-ordered a copy of The Last Day from our local comics shop and collected it immediately?

Inviting each buyer like this to send A-V stamped addressed envelope with a request for a sticker might be the most practical solution.

Tony Dunlop said...

If it weren't for the tail, he'd look like a Jedi Miss Piggy.

Steve said...


So Temperence says, "Damned first word being gibberish, I was going BONKERS figuring that damnable thing out!"

Really nice card, thanks for that Manly -

Steve