Tuesday 2 May 2023

SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe #18: $5,000, Emo Carson & Cerebus #26-29

 "I wanted to see this hit the 5K mark."  

- James Moore, GoFundMe Supporter

And we did, Jim! More on your reward from Dave in a moment! But first, here's Emo Carson!
Poor Emo Carson! Let's hope we can find another Emo character to help him out!

Jen's Non-Stressful Giant-Sized Ashcan(s) Update

Unfortunately, Emo Carson didn't quite get to the Giant-Sized Ashcan update, so allow me to fill y'all in. We are putting the finishing touches on one of the PDFs (Issue #1), with a second version of the same issue almost done. I will do a final proofread, then if we are clear, off it goes to Alfonso for review and hopefully our first official proof. While we wait for that to arrive in the post, we will rinse and repeat with Issue #0.

Looking at the calendar, not sure if we will pull off a May release (though we will certainly try). My gut tells me early June? But it's still too early to tell. 

I did fax with Dave about our progress, and he seems excited to see what Philip R. Frey and I have come up with -- so all good signs so far!

SDOAR GoFundMe Tote Board

Since the tote board didn't make it into this week's strip (again), let's get an up-to-the-minute SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe campaign update:
  • $5,000.00 raised from 92 donations (plus $62.08 outside of GoFundMe).
  • 29 new pages released as mocked up by Dave Sim from June 11 to August 25, 2021
  • 500 total pages available on Dropbox, including Dave's 2019 mocked-up pages
  • Only $200.00 away from unlocking page 51
Just the Facts, Ma'am
  • If you have not donated >> $5+ donation grants access to all 50 pages and all pages moving forward! 
  • If you have donated (thanks!!) >> GoFundMe does not have an option for monthly subscriptions. So... if you want to donate on a monthly basis, please do so as we are in the first week of month #5.
  • GoFundMe is a dreadful communication platform -- if you haven't heard back from me, gotten access to the new pages, etc., please email me at jen@typingmonkeys.com
SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe -->> https://gofund.me/4e2e1c96 <<-- SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe

Just the FAQs, Ma'am
    Michael R. from Easton, Pennsylvania writes in with, "Hi Jen! Quick question. As long as a person has donated to the SDOAR2023 GoFundMe, is that person ALWAYS eligible for the GIANT-SIZED ashcans when the $2000 threshold is met or does one have to ALWAYS donate within the $2000 threshold to be eligible for future GIANT-SIZED ashcans?"

    Jen from New York City (New York City?!?) responds with, "Anyone who has donated is entitled to order the GIANT-SIZED Ashcans. Only those who donate within that threshold, however, will be listed as a donor in that particular issue. We hope to get to final publishing details in May for both issues -- at which point the pricing and shipping comes into play. Depending on how that plays out, I might see if I can subsidize pricing for those who unlocked the first two issues -- or even try, this-is-how-much-it-costs, pay-what-you-can scenario." 

    Extra bonus points for those who get the New York City?!? reference.

    Just the Fax, Ma'am

    Another week, another donor reward, this time a fax from Dave of what he is sending to Jim Moore (of "I-wanted-to-see-this-hit-the-5K-mark" fame) for unlocking page 305. Interested in your own something-cool-from-Dave reward? Just unlock the next page, and I'll send the details to Dave while you eagerly wait by your mailbox à la Bugs Bunny.
    As always, email me at jen@typingmonkeys.com with any questions!

    SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe -->> https://gofund.me/4e2e1c96 <<-- SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe

    *NEW* Cerebus #26, 27, 28, 29!

    So much for the California Test Market Edition! I warned you, Eddie! I warned you!

    Next up on the block are Cerebus issues #26, 27, 28, 29. Good clean duplicate copies I bought as a collection -- never opened by me! Make me an offer -- and we'll kick the proceeds over to the SDOAR GoFundMe campaign!


    If you are interested, you should know the drill by now -- email Jen at jen@typingmonkeys.com and we'll get you sorted!

    SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe -->> https://gofund.me/4e2e1c96 <<-- SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe

    That's all she wrote, folks!

    Jen 

    5 comments:

    jhames34 said...

    Awesome! Congratulations to Jim moore!

    Jim said...

    Ok, funky cactus made me actually lol

    Michael R. said...

    I'm guessing that the New York City ?!? reference is from the Pace Picante sauce commercial.

    Jen said...

    Michael R. for the win!

    jhames34 said...

    CactI see what you mean! 😜