Wednesday 10 May 2023

CIH? in Public Domain Romance Comics

Benjamin Hobbs:

Back in 2021 I began swiping art from (theoretically) public domain 1950 romance comics, and putting Cerebus into them. I stopped working on it when I had Covid. I've just recently began looking at it again. Each panel is drawn on it's own 9x12 inch Bristol board, in ink with either a brush or a nib:

I like the idea of doing the book in full color, and distressing every page of the book:

The text isn't final.  The coloring concept might change as I work on this book.  

Next Week: More of this project!

4 comments:

Travis H said...

I like it.

One of my favorite recent comics was MST3K where they repurposed old art to good effect in such a way.

Tony Dunlop said...

Print it on canvas and get a savvy agent and you'll become a millionaire, like Roy Whatzizname.

The Literate Engineer said...

Love it.

Anonymous said...

That's pure Roy Lichtenstein gold!!
-Eddie