Tuesday 31 December 2019

An answer to a question asked in Women

Hi, Everybody!

The Varking Dead (Wanna hear the theme song?)

Friend to the Blog, Greg Hyland is running the next volume of The Monster Atlas on Kickstarter. (It's gonna have Gerard art like volumes 1 and 2.)

And Vark Wars t-Shirts are GONE baby!!!
____________________

Since Cerebus Archive Number 8: Women is gonna be coming soon (When? REAL soon!), I thought I'd look at an unanswered question raised in the book, namely:



So where are (were) the rest of the Swoon Country Family Singers?

Here:
 

And here:
Welp, that's how I wanna end 2019. With the Roach being shoved into a vagina. Happy New Year!

Next Time: It's an ancient tradition, that the first post of the year says what kind of year we'll all have. So let's tune in tomorrow and see if Hobbs can handle this AWESOME responsibility...

4 comments:

Tony Dunlop said...

I think Sandroach was probably my favorite incarnation. The "..it...comforts me." may have been the single biggest guffaw of the entire 300 issues for me.

This also shows that one doesn't have to be familiar with the source material to appreciate Dave's satires, as I read maybe two issues of DC's "Sandman." Of course no comic reader could be unfamiliar with the basic premise at the time, but still...

Manqueman said...

So what was the question that got answered here?

Tony again said...

"So where are (were) the rest of the Swoon Country Family Singers?"

Anonymous said...

I love how Dave made fun of the "little endless" from the Sandman "Parliament of Rooks" issue - because it also pre-satirized Jill Thompson's Little Endless series about 15 years before they existed! lol