Wednesday 4 December 2019

VARK WARS: DEFACED


Benjamin Hobbs:

Last week VARK WARS #1 came out, however all the contributors had their copies a month early.

"Manly" Matt Dow was kind enough to send me this signed edition:

It reads, "To Ben, Make VARK LOVE, NOT VARK WAR!"

And it had this certificate of authenticity:
Full color and on sturdy paper. Impressive!


So I defaced a copy of VARK WARS #1 and sent it to him (the insides of this copy can be seen HERE) :

It reads: HEY MATT! THANKS FOR DEFACING A COPY OF VARK WARS AND SENDING IT TO ME! I'M RETURNING THE FAVOR! ULTRA-RARE "HALO" EDITION! ONE-OF-ONE! WOW!"  And it goes on to say, " C.G.C. WILL WEEP WHEN THEY SEE THIS COPY..."  And, "AND THERE'S A BIGGER MESS INSIDE..."

I included this Certificate of Authenticness:

Printed in cheap black and white on the flimsiest paper for easy forging. You're welcome.

Feel free to print out this certificate and bootleg as many "halo" editions of VARK WARS #1 as you want. If anyone asks me, I'll vouch for the authenticity of any copy.  Just remember, each one you fake devalues "Manly" Matt's copy just a LITTLE bit more, so make as many as you can.


Next time: House of Cerebus masthead nit-pickiness.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Got my tix for "The Rise of Skywalker" for the early evening show on Dec. 22nd. If anybody here, and I mean *anyone*, posts *anything* about the movie here on AMOC before 6 p.m., Dec. 22nd, I will personally fly to wherever you live and de-AMOC you.

You feel lucky, punk? Well, do you?

Birdsong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.