Saturday 24 July 2021

Boy, the AMOC MyFax account is really paying for itself this week... NEW DAVE SIM ART!

Hi, Everybody!

Lots to see and not much time, so here we go:
Cerebus in Hell?:
New ones are out for the ordering:



Five will get you ten that the next Weekly Update will be the promo for this.

Also:


Which means you probably CAN'T order Batvark Coronavirus and Sword of Cerebus in Hell? Volume 6 anymore... (I mean, try. Go nuts. Don't let "The Man" tell you what you can and can't order. Be a Rebel...)

But you can DEFINETLY order the Hardcover Swords of Cerebus in Hell? Volumes 3 and 4. Ben Hobbs won't stop you. (And if you think the Hardcovers are just too damn expensive, there's a second set of trading cards available as a stand-alone item.)

Speaking of Hobbs and his kickstarting ways, got a Fax from Dave:
Hey, speaking of CAN9, Dave ALSO sent:

Speaking of the Swordfish..."Daddy Varkbucks" sent this BEFORE the above, but I'm running them in the order that makes it funniest (to me):

The Gary bit, is because I sent Dave a message I got from Gary that said:
Also, be sure to remind Dave he owes me a cover. I worked my butt off to beat out my pal Jeff Burton and his Auroraman comic as the highest numbered, self-published comic in the Canadian Comic Book Alliance.

Have a good one! And thanks!
Gary Boyarski
So here's Dave with the book:

And the preliminary sketch:

And then Dave faxed:

I sent that and the sketch (wait for it Mags...) to Gary, and he said:
Hi Matt!

Just saw the email this morning! Wow! It's fantastic! I'm going to have to give Dave a call and leave him a message.

As there is less than five days left on my Kickstarter, and I already have my hands full with 50 backers (Keep in mind I'm doing this solo and its my first one) I'm thinking I'm going to save Dave's art for an exclusive cover for the next one which should be in October.

I think it would be most effective to boost support if its given more time to be seen.

So, do promote my Kickstarter again if you want, (you can mention that there will be another one this fall with a Dave Sim cover variant) but don't leak the actual artwork yet.

Thanks,
Gary Boyarski
Well, that's no fun...no NEW Dave Art for you...

Unless:

I sent THAT to Gary and said that unless he objected STRENUOUSLY, I was running it today. And he said:
No objections at all. :)

Upon further consideration, I'm actually ok with you sharing the artwork that Dave did. I don't think leaking it early will do anything other than build anticipation. So either way, I'm good.
-Gary Boyarski
To which I replied:
You're breaking your mustache's balls, Gary...
SO!

New! Dave! Sim! Art!!!:
Copyright Dave Sim and Gary Boyarski. Coming Soon! (In colour, and better printed...)

That's a Dave Sim hand alright...

Okay, that's like a week's worth of Moments, and I didn't even get to the bit about Dave's Orange Shirt. Monday!

And, finally,  Little Orphan Aardvark has another important message for all the "Swordfish" in the L.O.A.S.S.:
"Daddy Varkbucks", himself, wrote that bit...

Next Time: Oliver and more links than you can count...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt. This is Rich L.

I did a count of my own (recount,stolen ballots, hanging chads):

1: 203
2: 203
3: 203
4: 110
5: 207
6: 197
7: 153
8: 203

Photographic proof upon request. I guess the question is what happened at volume, I have no recollection. I did miss some and bought them as a batch...so maybe that's it.

I called Dave's robot butler and left a message. I figured since I am famous now...being mentioned on AMOC which is not at all a garbage website staffed my a room full of monkeys chained to typewriters; it really was the blurst of times, that I shod at least lay out a more complete version of the physical facts.

I am particularly fond of volume seven because it inscribed an interesting fragment of his religious (or not so religious) screed. In all seriously, a treasured artifact of Dave's unique outlook and possession of life.

I hope I'm not getting myself into trouble; a habit of mine. Just struggling through life like everyone else.

Rich L. with love and gratitude and weekly bout of Monday confusion/fun.

Birdsong said...

Batvark Coronavirus and Swords Of Cerebus In Hell? Volume 6 can be ordered through July 29. Four days to get your Covid-19 pick-up lines in print.

john g. said...

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but congratulations to the Cerebus in Hell team for making it to Swords volume SEVEN! You have beaten Dave’s record for self-published Swords volumes and should be proud. But I thought after volume six you had to wait to collect twenty-five issues in a huge reprint collection which would later become known as a “phone book.”