Tuesday 13 July 2021

Cerebus: The Back Covers (well, some of 'em...)

Hi, Everybody!

What Moment of Cerebus do I got today?

"What's the first appearence of..."

No, that's Backstage...

"Anybody got a copy of the Fox..."

Nope, Backstage...

"Hey Matt, here's the proof for..."

Backstage...

Oh, I know, I went to the comicbook store on Friday, and bought a bunch of Cerebus back issues for a buck each. And they have a mild pedigree, they came from the Maggie Thompson collection. Which is pretty neat.

Anyway, I was looking at the backcovers, and a few jumped out at me:









If you know which issues these are without looking through your back issues and checking, you win.

What?

I have no idea...
________________________
Cerebus in Hell?:
________________________
Gary Boyarski's Kickstarter for his book Jack Grimm 
________________________
Hey, look what Heritage has.
________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide:
July 21 – 25
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off -- that means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more!

And Carson let us all know:
Things keep rolling in!!!

Today I got the books of Dave's mock-ups and technical notes. These are a supplement to the 301 limited editions of Strange Death.
The UPS driver was not happy about this drop off.

Bucha was largely unimpressed and mostly just Kong wasted.
Next Time: Hobbs.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was there for the Comics Etc signing! Dave was super nice there. I took the first issue I bought to get signed, asked him how to pronounce Jaka (I think his answer was "yar-ka") and gave him a comic I made. Felt like a real honour to have met him. I'm sure you Americans / Canadians are used to having for-real comic artists appear all the time, but Australia never had this kind of thing happen, it was a huge deal.

Afterwards Dave was outside smoking and I got to shake his hand again and didn't wash my hand for a week

I heard that the owner of the comic shop (a doctor who ran this as a side business because he was just super into comics) took Dave out to dinner that night at his mansion and Dave gave him some original art. Would have loved to be there! - ED

Jeff said...

I've been to the Off-White House "mansion", got the tour, and have been given some original art. An experience that was unique and unlikely to be matched in my lifetime.

Dave Kopperman said...

I was at that ACE (with my friend Dave Zapanta, who had a table and is listed on that cover). One and only time I met Dave (Sim) who was markedly cool and friendly. The whole show was a great vibe, really.

It never occurred to me until now, but I wonder if Dave still has a copy of the mini I foisted on hime at that show?

john g. said...

The “Back Issue Challenge” is a bit of a trick question here. That “Rare Bit Fiends” ad definitely was on multiple back covers. Also, no can do without peeking at the collection.

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

John g,

It's TOTALLY a trick question, since I put the issue #s in the file names...

Manly
(Plus, it was kind of a joke anyway.)
((The Rare Bit ad is from the issue with the preview.))

john g. said...

O.K. I’m still sort of new to this computering stuff. “File name”?

john g. said...

F.Y.I. - I wanted to put a happy face emoji at the end of my comment above, but I didn’t know how to do that. :)

Tony Dunlop said...

She may be getting bigger, but Bucha's as adorable as ever.