Monday 19 July 2021

Listen, I DON'T get paid for this...

Hi, Everybody!

Mondays: 
_____________________________

So, Dave faxed me (on Thursday. I posted it Saturday):

Well today brought the Monday Report, and this:


So, if you're sending Dave a stack of cover ideas, you might wanna...

Send 'em anyway. It's not like Dave is gonna stop Cerebus in Hell? anytime soon... (I BELIEVE, that Dave's working a year+ ahead.)

Speaking of the Cerebus in Hell?s, Batvark Coronavirus and Sword of Cerebus in Hell? Volume 6 are still available to order from your Local Comicbook Store. Unless the Final Order Cut-off has been reached in which case I'm fucked. Hold on, lemme send an email to my LCS...
_________________________
Anyway, what's new in Cerebus-land?

There's another Strange Death of Alex Raymond Update from the Kickstarter:
He'yall

I just had a wild weekend in NYC, where a painting of mine was on show at SOTHEBYS🤯
[Dang she's tall...or he's short... -Matt]
The work, Kyle, seen behind my left shoulder, won 3rd place in the Portraiture category of the 15th Art Renewal Center Salon, a competition I have wanted to merely be a finalist in since... 2002? So placing and getting to be part of the traveling show is mindboggling. After Sothebys the work will head to MEAM in Barcelona, Spain.

While in NYC the Preliminary Strange Death books were delivered, so one of Torie's coworkers graciously stopped at our place and brought them in before rain hit. Thank you Kathy!!! This fulfillment is truly a team effort.

[Everybody say thanks Kathy. -Matt] 

Now that I have these I can start fulfilling any orders that involved only this book. Gonna feel nice to start slapping on those mailing lables!
........
And, of course, the dawgs were very happy to have us back.
[Okay, so it's a video, and I dunno how to insert them into the Blog if they're not on YouTube, so here's the video description for the "technically challenged":
It's Carson's Lady (I can't remember if they're married, or "Living-in-Sin" and I don't wanna go look it up.] Torie with the dogs, and the dogs are getting "sprung" from Puppy-Jail (they say it's a dog boarding place, but I know a Puppy-Jail when I see one...) and the dogs are super excited to be back "on the outside": "I thought I was gonna die in there man. I thought I was never gonna see the sky from the outside again. I can't stop laughing. Do people still laugh? Or did humor go to Prison too?" Then Carson tries to pet that dog, and she pulls a shank on him. Then she drops the shank and starts to cry and blubbers for ten minutes. Meanwhile, the other dog joined a gang on the inside, "You do what you have to do to survive in there man... It's like my celly Andy used to say, 'get busy livin' or get busy diein'. I ain't never going back. You hear me @$%&ER! I AIN'T NEVER GOIN' BACK!!!" and wants Carson and Torie to swing by "Tiko's" place on the way home. Tiko lives a twenty-five minute drive the OTHER way from their house, in a BAD neighborhood, and Carson won't accept the story that the dog "just wants to say 'hi' and deliver a personal message from the dog that runs cellblock B"... Also in the video is a younger kid, and I don't know if he's Carson and Torie's, or a volunteer at Puppy-Jail. The video does not make this clear. I've decided he's "Stinky" Peterson, Carson's neighbor and confidant (like Ebony White in Will Eisner's Spirit stories...) who's along for the ride so he can give Carson the "lowdown" on what's happening in the area while Carson was "up north". (Mostly it's like a mash-up of the Dukes of Hazzard and a Mickey Spillane novel...) Then the lady from the Puppy-Jail hands over the leashes and says some stuff I didn't quite make out. (Probably some lies about how the dogs behaved. That guard won't ever be able to live a normal life again MARSHA! What about that guard's family? Who will take care of them? WHO?!?) It's like a thirty second clip... -Matt]
________________________
Hey, look what Heritage has.
________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide:
July 21 – 25
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off -- that means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more!
________________________

And, Cerebus:




Next Time: Hey, they can't all be winners...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely a t-shirt, either of all four pages or just the last.