Saturday 11 June 2022

John Wayne died 43 years ago today.

 Hi, Everybody!

____________________________________
Living the Line, publishers of the Eisner nominated The Strange Death of Alex Raymond, have a new book, and it's on the Kickstarter. 21 days left.
____________________________________
If YOU have anything related to the 1982 Tour, that'd be of interest, shoot me an email at momentofcerebus@gmail.com and I'll get it to the Waverly Press.
____________________________________
So Death's Dark Treaders, my lil' band of Rebels, has gotten $XX,XXX together to try and purchase all 22 pages of original art to Cerebus #4. There are fifteen of us. (I'ma NOT giving the exact amount, because I don't want "the enemy" to know EXACTLY how much we're bidding...)

The deal is, as of right now, $2,000 guarantees you get a page of original art. More money moves you up the list for picking which page you get. (Dave gets first pick.) If you wanna kick in $4,000, you get TWO pages (we got a guy who did just that.) If you wanna kick in LESS than $2,000, you aren't guaranteed a page, but if we get less than 22 people, than everybody who pledges less than $2,000 gets a page too. 

And EVERYBODY who pledges gets prints of all 22 pages and the recreated cover.
____________________________________
Cerebus in Hell?:
____________________________________
Hobbs' Kickstarter for the HARD COVER Swords of Cerebus volumes 9 & 10 ended, get your surveys in.
____________________________________
Oliver's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark is currently available "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi".
____________________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide:
June 11-12
22-26
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off -- that means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more!

Next Time: What my family got me...

8 comments:

Larry Wooten said...

Happy, happy. Again.
I had contacted Jeff once to get some Cerebus Readers In Crisis from him. Never picked those up and he had one or two, unsigned or somesuch. Anyway, sent him a USPS money order. (Sidenote: Don't send those to Canada.) Some time passes and I get a note explaining he couldn't put his hands on the books so he was sending the MO back and would get back with me if he ran across them. So, like Jeff's CRIC, somewhere in my desk or wherever I stuck them is the letter and MO. Thought of that exchange when I learned of his death and was glad that I will have a Jeff remembrance moment at some point when I flip through some of my crap and run across that again.

Dave Kopperman said...

Kevin Schreck anecdote that may (hopefully HOPEFULLY) have something to do with this: about ten years ago, when "Persistance of Vision" had just been released, I read an interview with him and being a long-time Richard Williams fan myself arranged a screening for it up at Wesleyan University, and also provided him with transportation from NYC up to Middletown. On the car ride up, I suggested (probably more like insisted) that Kevin check out Cerebus and that Dave would be an excellent subject for his next film, somewhat thematically paired with the story of Williams and his (in this case, unfinished) decades-long artform-changing mega-project, "The Thief and the Cobbler". Kevin was unfamiliar with him and was politely non-comittal - which makes sense, as I'm sure as a young filmmaker he was getting a lot of people telling him "This! THIS should be your next project!"

He also ended up getting a lousy night's sleep on the lumpy mattress in my friend's guest room, but that's probably not why you're posting this...

Dave Kopperman said...

Oh, and... Happy Birthday!

Dave Kopperman said...

Matt - should I take the redaction of my anecdote to mean... something?

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Dave,

Yeah, you should take it that my phone doesn't like to work in my mom's basement.

Manly
(I have a house, I was just visiting! I've seen a girl naked! Twice!)

Brian West said...

Manly, since 2015 HBD has been public domain in the USA. Remember that for next year’s video and sing your heart out! Happy Birthday!

Michael R. said...

Happy Birthday Man!!! :)

ChrisW said...

John Wayne died 49 years ago today and nobody gave me any presents. :(