Sunday 5 June 2022

The Please Hold Afterparty aka: I post Dead People...

Hi, Everybody!

For the "A"s:

And Yesterday Jason Trimmer commented:
Hi Matt, The waves of nostalgia I feel for that Applebee's near St. Bonaventure are profound. Thanks for including the pictures, which include a couple I've never seen before. I actually remember very well signing that copy of Collected Letters. I felt FAMOUS! I tell you! FAMOUS! I have another angle of that shot somewhere on my backup hard drive. Good times.

As a resident of that area of Western New York for a few years, I am obligated to mention that Olean is pronounced oh-lee-ann. Sorry to be "that guy"
And I said:
Jason!
Long time, no see!

Unfortunately, I'm not gonna apologize to anyone from New York for it, until they apologize to me for numbering their highway exits stupidly.

Also, the Ice Cream Sundae was invented in Two Rivers Wisconsin. SUCK IT ITHACA!!!!

Manly
So, I ran to the AMOChive, and found some of my photos from that weekend:

Yeah, my camera sucks. But it WAS seventeen years ago...

The aforementioned Mr. Trimmer (on the right, guy in the center is an artist or something...)

That artist chap and a partially obscured Mr. Trimmer. That MIGHT be Dave in the back on the right-ish

Dave, that artist chap, my wife, and me.

The Applebee's (where Mr. Trimmer ate good when he was in that neighborhood):
That's Bob Corby (the guy who runs S.P.A.C.E.)'s wife (whose name I forget. I think she might have died too.) and that artist chap's ex-girlfriend Rose, uh...they were still a coupe at the time... It's not like Ger's Ex came all the way from Canada for Mozzarella sticks....

A couple of kids who HOPEFULLY have paid off their student loans by now, Mr. Trimmer, Jeff Seiler, Me, and John L. Jeff and John are dead now. 

Jeff, Me, L nny's book, maybe Bob Corby in the back there, John L, Jeff Tundis' face (just a taste), that artist chap, Dave Sim, a guy who got curbside-to-go (I'm guessing...) Al or Margaret's hand, and John L's wife Boe (she's dead too...)

Me, Jason signing L nny's book, John's forehead, Dave, the AMAZING chandelier at Applebee's, Ger, Boe's head

How AMAZING was the chandelier?

So amazing, Dave needed a picture of it for Cerebus Readers In Crisis #1's portrait of Seiler:

Anyway, while I was in the AMOChive, I started looking around for any account of the weekend from the Late Lamented Cerebus Yahoo Group, when I remembered Jeff Tundis, noted Filthy Hippie, had a Dave Sim/Cerebus YouTube channel. And he posted video!

It's like Please Hold For Dave Sim all over again!:



And...uh, Please Hold For Gerhard:


And Please God Why In The Name Of All That's Holy, Why Must I Watch This!?!?!?!?!:

Thanks Jeff!

Uh..Tundis. I can't thank Seiler. He's dead...

Jeff Tundis: Filthy Hippie...

____________________________________
If YOU have anything related to the 1982 Tour, that'd be of interest, shoot me an email at momentofcerebus@gmail.com and I'll get it to the Waverly Press.
____________________________________
And, you can shoot an email to momentofcerebus@gmail.com if you wanna get in on the Death's Dark Tread auction which we are ONCE again winning thanks to our latest backer who's pledged $2000. It's Dave. Dave pledged to buy back his own art... More on that tomorrow... 
The deal is still:
Everybody gets prints of the whole shebang.
If you donate $2000, you're guaranteed a page.
If you donate more than everybody else, you get first dibs. You get second dibs. I'ma give Dave first pick before everybody else. I mean it's his own damn art...
If we get LESS than 23 people, EVERYBODY gets a page.
If you want your page to go back to Dave, it'll get sent to him.
I gotta check the numbers, but I THINK we're around twelve grand for this little attempt. With ten people or less. So if you want a page, get in NOW!
____________________________________
Cerebus in Hell?:
____________________________________
Hobbs' Kickstarter for the HARD COVER Swords of Cerebus volumes 9 & 10 ended, get your surveys in.
____________________________________
Oliver's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark is currently available "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi".
____________________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide:
June 8-12
22-26
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off -- that means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more!

Next Time: Monday! And Something easy gawdamnnit!!!

4 comments:

Jason T said...

I don't remember the numbering, but did always think it was appropriate that Ye Bookes took place at an institution off of I-86 (186). Possibly I think about things too much.

Bill Ritter said...

Any possibility you would post up the amounts that have been pledged for the Death's Dark Tread auction? Not the names or initials of those pledging but just each amount to give an idea of...well...I guess stuff. ok, I'm curious really.

Steve said...


Matt, buddy, ya gotta pace yourself ~~ spread all this out, let it simmer and stew for a while!!

Steve

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Jason: It was Exit 23. Like 90 miles from the border. In the Midwest (where the sane people live, it'd be exit 90...)

Bill: nope. Check you email.

Steve, it's been 17 years, it's stewed long enough...

Manly