Friday 26 March 2021

STRANGERS IN CEREBUS (Dave's Weekly Update #384​)

Hi, Everybody!

Cerebus in Hell?/Dave's Weekly Update


Get your orders in by April, 22!


Rigamarole:
Insult me on the Internet! Win fun prizes! (I really need to do a video of what all you can win...)

Hemingway in Comics: https://www.booktable.net/ https://www.centuriesandsleuths.com/

Original Art:


From the Wilf Jenkins collection. What's going on with that? I'm finding out on Sunday...

New Merch:
Your store will be on sale:
March 24 – 26
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off! That means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more.
I added eight, count 'em EIGHT new designs:
The Distressed Spawn #10 EC Comics parody covers:
Normally, Dave gets all the money, but since Benjamin Hobbs is getting married, I figure I throw him a bone. So, Dave gets 33%, David Birdsong (who made the trade dress) gets 33%, and Benjamin gets 34%

Dave and David get 33%, and Laura gets 34% (I say Hobbs get the 34, but we all know who's getting the money. I been married for fifteen years. Trust me...)

Weird Society
Dave and David get 33% and the Bridegroom gets 34%

Since Sean worked on this one, Dave, Benjamin, David, and Sean each get 25%

Then I added some "Earlier, Funnier" stuff:


This is a parody of the Conan the Barbarian movie poster

Here's the uncropped original (click for bigger):

This is a sketch Dave did in (I'm guessing) 1983. I "coloured" it.

I figure it's from 83 based on the uncropped original (click for bigger):


I'm letting Dave have all the money, even though I did all the hard work of stealin...FINDING! finding the art, cropping it, "colouring" it, and writing all the Beatles/Cerebus song mash-ups... ("Cerebus wants to cut off your head" damn I'm funny...) You're welcome Sim, you're welcome...


Dave gets half the money, and since Gerhard did most of the work, I'm giving him the other half

I emailed Ger to let him know I was giving him the money, and he said:
Hi Matt,

Thanks, I appreciate it.

But I think that you should take any profits that I might accrue
and buy yourself a tasty and enjoyable beverage or two.

(Hey, that rhymes!)

Bestest wishes,
Ger
I don't do it for money, I do it so I can get merch of whatever stupid idea I want, so Ger's half is going to Pride Stables (the organization Ger volunteers at). And he can't stop me.

Okay, happy shopping, and tomorrow...

What's that?

"Where'd I get those images from?"

Next Time: Where I got the images from...

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Good on yer, Matt! Pride Stables is a very worthy recipient.

Fumerkeys said...

Must have distressed Spawn books. How? Hoooow? And where? Please?

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Soon as I know, I'll let you know.

Matt

RSS said...

Waits for video of what all a person can win...