Tuesday 30 August 2022

Matt's Stupid Project #1 (I've been waiting for this since the middle of July!!!)

Hi, Everybody!

It's the last Tuesday of the month, which means tomorrow is the last Wednesday of the month. Which is the "on street" date for Kurtz VS Kurtz:

Which means I get to post:
MATT'S STUPID PROJECT #1!!!:

So when an issue gets made, the last step before it gets sent to Marquis for printing is Hobbs sends a PDF to the Cerebus in Hell? team (and me. Heh...suckers.) for last minute proofreading.

So I get to read the issue before any of you.

And when I read this one, a strange compulsion came over me when I read these two pages:

Click for bigger

I edited all thirty images (I even used my photoshop knock-off to take care of the word balloons...)

Then I used my "they-really-shouldn't-have-let-me-have-it" video editing program to make a thirty second loop of the images.

THEN(!) I looped THAT for six minutes and twenty-eight seconds...

"That...that's a REALLY specific time Matt..."

Yes, yes it is:

(I added a title card and an egress. So it's a little longer.)

It's stupid, but I love it...
____________________________________
Dave's calling on Thursday for Please Hold For Dave Sim September 2022. If you got a burning question: momentofcerebus@gmail.com. Last time, I didn't advertise, and we got done in just over two hours, so I'm REALLY hoping we don't go back to three+ hours...
____________________________________
CRBS N HLL?
BTVRK
____________________________________
The Waverly Press has an Instagram. And will be posting updates and teasers for upcoming projects with Dave. Like the 1982 Tour book.
____________________________________
So does Carson. He and Sean got the YouTubes too. Order their book The Abolition of Man #1. Hey look they got a second one: The Abolition of Man #2

Eddie doesn't have an Instagram OR a YouTube. But he's got his Strange Death of Alex Raymond annotations. (I mean, I assume. Maybe he's ALL over the 'gram and just not telling me...)

Hobbs had a Kickstarter. Two people haven't filled out there survey.  TWO! Get it together..."Bob" and "Doug"...(I don't know who it is, I just know how many it is.)...get your shit together.

My buddy James Windsor-Smith has a Kickstarter too. Get your surveys out James!

Oliver's got an Instagram and a Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark it's currently available on "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi".  And if you're in Brazil...

Heritage has pages from Cerebus #1. And a whole heap of other neat stuff.
____________________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide:
Sometime soon(?)
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off -- that means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more!

Next Time: Hobbs tells you that Kurtz VS Kurtz is on sale

3 comments:

Steve said...


That's really pretty creative, Matt!

I've mentioned here before that while CIH? isn't my 'cup of tea', I do think it's great how it's allowed so many other people to do something in Cerebus' world as it were, which wouldn't happen without CIH? or something like it.

Steve

Tony Dunlop said...

Hey, "Manly" is an ELP fan!

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Steve: thanks!

Tony: indeed. Ironically, YouTube didn't flag that. Just the Doors.

Manly