Friday 11 November 2022

Dave's Weekly Update #463: Brian Payne's Original Dave Art

Hi, Everybody!

Dave's Weekly Update:
Remember when the Weekly Update was something that Dave faxed Tim? 
That...that wasn't one of the twenty-two pictures I got today.

But, THIS AUCTION has the Captain Marvel Adventures #27 discussed here:
Anyway, Dave was saying:

Click for bigger. (Mags, if you want a copy of the original unadulterated scan, you know where to send the envelope full of cash...)
(And since Dave breezed right over it so I didn't get a chance to put in a convenient break, here's the Journey parody cover:)

All the original Dave Art is big, so clicky... (LARGE bills this time Mags, I'm not even gonna count another envelope of singles...)

If you click it will get bigger. (Listen Mags, just start throwing money at me and I'll tell you when to stop...)


We're up to NINE images (and Tim decreed I should only ever post six.) So we'll continue with the other thirteen images I got today, tomorrow...
__________________________________
I don't think Larry Shell made it. Which is a bummer. And the only guy to send that he donated $10 was Larry Wooten, and I was gonna send Spatula one of the five Matisse pieces anyway, because I owe him. But looking at the list of donors, I saw a few familiar names, so I'm giving everybody one more week to send in proof that you donated before I draw a name out of the shiny metal helmet and declare a winner.
__________________________________
Sean's Kickstarter ends in 44 hours. Or you can get The Exile from your LCS.
 ___________________________________
Cerebus in Hell?:
____________________________________
Oliver's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark it's currently available on "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi".  And if you're in Brazil...
____________________________________
Heritage has EIGHT pages of original art, and FIVE covers (three of them are a single lot)! And more pages are coming! And for those of you on a budget, like me, there are some original tracing papers used in the production of Cerebus coming too...
____________________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide: 
The next two days, I guess. They never said... Just check everyday(?)
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off -- that means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more!

Next Time: Oh, I gots more Original Dave Art Mags. I gots ALL the Original Dave Arts...

4 comments:

Tony Dunlop said...

Wait, is Dave actually able to draw again? O be still, my beating heart...

Brian Payne said...

I have to think that this is just about the best thing ever. Dave's gone Miles above and Miles beyond being simply ice cool now.

Anonymous said...

A different Red Mosquito:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9hjhPx-ydw


Glad for Dave being able to draw again.


Cheers,

A Fake Name

Brian Payne said...

I was thinking of both Green Hornet and Blue Beetle when I can up with the name Red Mosquito originally, A Fake Name, but I was certainly aware of this ^Pearl Jam tune, so it definitely played a part as well.