Sunday 19 February 2023

Mo' Faxes! Mo' Turtles 8 Mo' Matt Art! Mo'...wait what?

Hi, Everybody!

10 more sleeps until 
I think we've figured out what caused the B&W implosion...

from The Waverly Press Kickstarter launches:

Man, that's coming up pretty quickly. How quickly? There's a pre-launch pageTHAT quickly!

I can't remember if I let the cat out of the bag, but The Waverly Press contacted me and said that they are:
going to produce a set of trading cards with the campaign called "Visions of Turtles 8" and want to invite you to create your own Matt Dow trading card to be included in the set.
If you want to be included, think of a strong graphic idea that would reproduce well at the 2,5 x 3.5" size.
I had a number of ideas, but the second one was:
The caption is "GREAT MOMENTS IN TURTLES HISTORY: MAY 5TH, 1991 Cerebus comes out on stage for the SkyDome stop of their COMING OUT OF THEIR SHELLS TOUR"

Then I traced and inked it and sent it to Dave, who responded on 14th February 2023:
That was idea #2, idea #1, which I mocked up and send to Dave and told him he could use it for the Mo' Sleeps cards is below. This one I printed out as a blueline and inked. Anyway, Dave said on 15th February 2023:
I was inspired by Alex Robinson's take on Meet The Beatles (which I can't find on the Internet...bummer).

Anyway 15th February 2023 part the second:
I responded:
So, I read the balloon gag I immediately thought of a strip of the balloons floating across panel and slowly rotating so you can read the Chinese characters written on the back. (I didn’t make it because it’ll be at least nine panels, and I’m supposedly very busy.):
I spent longer making this than a sane person should...

15th February 2023 part the third:
 

The important part is the last bit about Dave and Kevin Eastman doing more Origins of Turtles 8 talks. (I need a better name for those...Please Hold For Kevin Eastman? Too obvious...)

16th February 2023 part the first: I don't know what this says, but if you can read it, it's a Special Message JUST for YOU...:

17th February 2023 part the first:
17th February 2023 part the second:
17th February 2023 part the third:
17th February 2023 part the fourth:
Wait...is this a "RANDOM TASK FOR THE MANLY ONE"? Where I have to do stuff? Aw...COME ON!!! W! T! F!?!

17th February 2023 part the fifth:
Ooooh...if ONLY I had money... If any of you "Yentas-with-more-money-than-brains" (kidding, luv ya *mwah*...) wanna try for the TMNT 8 quadfecta...

18th February 2023 part the first: Ah, CANCEL the "RANDOM TASK FOR MANLY" Thanks Dave!


I love it when a plan excludes me...

Cerebus in Hell?:
CIH PRESENTS AVERSIONS #1 also available Signed by DaveStill a quick minute to order CIH presents: New Varks #1 & New Varks #1 Signed
___________________________________
If you have not purchased one of these:

You totally should.
Here's how to get yours:
  1. Go to www.paypal.com and PayPal Bill directly at - billmessnerloebs@gmail.com if you don't have PayPal, or PM me (Mike Jones).
  2. The amount is $50 each (we pay postage in the U.S.)
  3. Pay all Paypal fees or use "friends/family" to avoid fees.
  4. IMPORTANT! Include on PayPal, your mailing address.
  5. Sit back and wait for your print....maybe get a frame ready.
  6. First come first serve until all prints are gone. All money goes directly to Bill.
Thanks for your support.
Supplies are limited (I think. I dunno, I'm "Go-and-see-if-they're-interested-in-this-Wise-Fella" not "Let's-plan-the-conquest-of-Estarcion-Wise-Fella"...)
___________________________________
____________________________________
Oliver's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark it's currently available on "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi". If you're in Brazil..."Mometu", "Nuclear Home Video", "AND AN AARDVARK IN A PEAR TREE!!!" 
____________________________________
Heritage has a bunch of neat original art.
____________________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide:  
February 22 - 26.
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off 
___________________________________
Next Time: Monday!

3 comments:

Brian West said...

"Dear Mr. Sim,
I can't thank you enough for your very thoughtful and generous care package you had sent me of all that incredible "Akimbo" material, including that dedicated sketch. It meant a lot to me 9to me it was a perfectly timed surprise, arriving in the midst of a mild illness and a cat ill with cancer), and I am so glad I could contribute a little bit to your creative endeavors! That issue is going to be fantastic, "Akimbo" is a brilliant name, and Stars 'N Stripes Steampunk Lady[illegible] is a worthy successor to Cosplay Lass.

I really can't thank you enough for everything, and couldn't express it the best way, so instead ^of trying to do so I send a big, long-distance hug of gratitude.
Thanks, ________

P.S. There was a time in my life when I traveled; this card comes from the Czech Republic, from 2003. The stickers are enclosed.
P.P.S. Season Two of Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear was just announced, so we can all watch Fina even more (as well as read about her exploits)!
P.P.P.S. I have a student this semester who was born in Kitchener. When I learned that I freaked out!"

Brian West said...

Pardon, me. That character from "Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear" the writer was referring to in the second postscript was Yuna, not Fina.

Tony Dunlop said...

Well. Now we know to whom the scribbled note was a secret message.