Saturday 18 February 2023

I just downloaded the fourteen faxes I've gotten from Dave in the past week...

Hi, Everybody!

I know it's ONLY 11 more sleeps until the Remastered
I'm starting to suspect this is one of them "deep fakes"...

#8 from The Waverly Press Kickstarter launches:

(click here for the pre-launch page, then you'll get an email telling you what I'll be telling you in 12 days.)

As the header up there says, I've gotten FOURTEEN faxes from Dave in the past week, some of them multiple pages, and the short version is that "Grandpa" is gearing up for his "LAST PAYDAY" with The Remastered Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #8. So if you have chelonaphobia, now might be a good time to switch your interest to that long rumored A Moment of Marmaduke blog...

BUT BEFORE I GET TO NEWER NEW BUSINESS, older new business:
I sent this cover to the CiH? team and basically said:
Fellas,

Why haven't we done a parody of the cover to Avengers #57 yet?

Like, what. The. Actual Hell(?)?

Well, it's the NEW Cerebus in Hell?:


Still a quick minute to order CIH presents: New Varks #1 & New Varks #1 Signed
 _________________________________

Okay, you may have noticed that Dave's Weekly Updates have been...um..."weakly" lately. Well, I suggested that if he wants eyes on The Remastered TMNT #8 in March that ALL The Weekly Updates be TMNT #8 themed. Keep that in mind as 

We Catch Up On The Mailbag:

11th February 2023:
I haven't gotten any of this yet. So it ain't getting posted to AMOC today. Or tomorrow. Or Monday. But as soon as I have something, I'll ask the Powers That Be when they want me to let you hear this...

11th February 2023 part the second:
So I took the images of Dave with the NINJA weapons, and remade the reimagining of Turtles #1 using the original Turtles #1 cover, and even made a logo and everything (You'll see it tomorrow.) and sent it to Dave with the caption "Dave, I have too much Free Time!" Dave responds:
More on that as I get More Free Time...

13th February 2023 part the First:
OKAY, GETTING THE "BAD NEWS" OUT OF THE WAY FIRST! YES, VIRGINIA, REMASTERED TURTLES #8 IS MORE "REMASTERED SPAWN #10" THAN "REMASTERED CEREBUS #2". 18 VARIANT COVERS. BUT NOT VARIANTS OF THE SAME FOUR COVERS, 18 COVERS BY SOME BIG NAME TURTLE ARTISTS AND OTHERS (I don't know who all is on the list, and I'm not supposed to let Dave know, so I'm not mentioning any names until we are at zero sleeps.) SO THIS IS YOUR "I DUNNA LIKE IT" WARNING. 

"GOOD NEWS"? THESE THINGS (CLICK FOR BIGGER):




Also, here's the Waverly Press' announcement:
Greetings!

We want to let you know about our upcoming Kickstarter. The remastered Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles #8 guest starring Cerebus! Originally published in 1986, this issue was the crossover hit of the year and the best selling issue of TMNT at the time. This edition will be produced on premium paper with newly remastered art and T8 rarities, and will be available in a choice of several stunning, new variant covers including these 4 below. We will have some super cool surprises during the campaign and just like the remastered Spawn #10, Turtles 8 will not be widely distributed through comic shops. Don't miss what is sure to be an instant collector's item!

We have a pre-launch page that you can bookmark HERE, and the campaign starts March 1.

Thank you for your support!
4 of the cover for the upcoming campaign. From left: Fero Pe, Simon Bisley, Federico Mele, and Dave Sim.
Okay, we'll hit the rest of the pile tomorrow and Monday...
___________________________________
If you have not purchased one of these:

You totally should.
Here's how to get yours:
  1. Go to www.paypal.com and PayPal Bill directly at - billmessnerloebs@gmail.com if you don't have PayPal, or PM me (Mike Jones).
  2. The amount is $50 each (we pay postage in the U.S.)
  3. Pay all Paypal fees or use "friends/family" to avoid fees.
  4. IMPORTANT! Include on PayPal, your mailing address.
  5. Sit back and wait for your print....maybe get a frame ready.
  6. First come first serve until all prints are gone. All money goes directly to Bill.
Thanks for your support.
Supplies are limited (I think. I dunno, I'm "Go-and-see-if-they're-interested-in-this-Wise-Fella" not "Let's-plan-the-conquest-of-Estarcion-Wise-Fella"...)
___________________________________
____________________________________
Oliver's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark it's currently available on "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi". If you're in Brazil..."Mometu", "Nuclear Home Video", "AND AN AARDVARK IN A PEAR TREE!!!" 
____________________________________
Heritage has a bunch of neat original art.
____________________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide:  
February 22 - 26.
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off 
___________________________________
Next Time: Mo' Fax...

3 comments:

JLH said...

I knew that was a Biz cover by Raph missing a tooth, his trademark when drawing him. Definitely want that one!

john g. said...

I love the idea of Dave interviewing Kevin Eastman- really looking forward to it. Two independent comic legends. Will that interview be available here on the Moment of Cerebus blog?

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

John g.: I dunno. I hope so.

Manly