Saturday, 26 September 2026

AMOC goes to MILK

Hi, Everybody!

So, 
The MILK, Milwaukee Indie Local Comics, show was today. And I managed to get there:
The bridge kinda cut off half the show...

Here's the map:
My photo was taken from the right hand side.

I met Greg of Greg&Fake creators of The Santos Sisters. And I gave him my pitch for the Santos Sisters/Cerebus crossover. And copies of Vark Wars and Vark Wars: Walt's Empire Strikes Back (to show that I can write the comical books). He and Fake will be in Chicago next week for the Book Launch of Santos Sisters Vol. 2 at Howling Pages. (I'm not going, because I went today, and the wife works a double, so if I try to go away she'll kill me...)

I also ran in to Tim Gagne, old school comics fan, who has on occasion sent stuff in to momentofcerebus@gmail.com to run around here. (Thanks as always Tim.)

And I met Denis Kitchen, and asked if he remembered my mom (he didn't) (although when I showed him a 1979-era photo, he kinda remembered her.)

And I failed to get pictures of any of that.

I also had went with a hundred dollars in fives, and ten dollars in singles and bought STUFF:
The Flaming Carrot crossover #1, a copy of Santos Sisters #1, the Halloween special, issue #9 and American Nature #s 3 and 4.

If you bought anything, Greg gave you a Buy More Comics poster. I got two. He also gives you Santos Sisters stickers. I'm gonna send a poster and tour sticker to Dave.

Then I walked around and bought things that tickled my fancy:
Zombie House is written and drawn by the son of the Frog Eye creator, Rory Hoquat, but the kid didn't put his name on the book. But a comic by a young kid for a dollar will ALWAYS get my dollar...
The Artist the Art is drawn by a cat. More info about that at virginiapaine.com

I thought these three all came from the same table, but Fat Dyke VS Health Care might be from somebody else...

Vincent watches the 1990s is the third in a series, but 90s was the draw for me. David Beyer Jr's T.A.O.S! was next to somebody else I gave money to, and I thought it'd be rude not to get something.

Back at S.P.A.C.E. in 2005ish, I got a trade of a series called Fish and Chips. So Fish and Chip was a "buy". And Jiggly Bub is about a sentient piece of gum spit out by God. All are done by Dane Georges

Fast Racer and Chibi Time are both by a middle school art teacher, and are used as lessons in his class,  he also did Wandering Wizards. Last Week on the PITT is a fun little fanfic of the show. Didn't read the rest yet, but all of them looked like fun. 

I brought my copy of Santos Sisters volume 1 and Spirit Jam to get signed. And then I bought the other two from Denis Kitchen.

All in all, a fun time was had by me (I can't speak for everybody else...)

Kickstarters:
There's all sorts of neat little limited add-ons. I'd tell you what they are, but they'll probably be gone before you get there. 19 days left.

Ben Dunn has a Cerebus crossover comic 3 days to go. (They have a Cerebus figurine as a possible reward you can choose. I'm getting one.)

For Cerebus readers, "Cerberus," our 3-headed, 31st century version of Cerebus, returns and figures prominently in one of our stories; we also have the 2 "Sparkybus" micro-prints that Matt Dow masterminded and Dave Sim signed, plus 3 different variants of "Tails of Sparkybus" that Dave drew stuff for and signed on a tipped-in plate. These are very limited editions and quantities of some are running low, so this could be the last chance to get them.
He's a hundred and fifty-four bucks away from his goal with four days to go. Help a brudda out...

Next Time: I see old Cerebus pages in your future...

No comments: