Tuesday, 15 September 2026

The Many Deaths of Margaret Mitchell OR glamourpuss part #32

Hi, Everybody!

________________
With ONE damn vote...from the same damn guy (whom I could just email the next chapter of Choose Your Own "Jen"venture, and the rest of you could go piss up a rope...), I think I'ma leave Choose Your Own "Jen"venture (Chapter the first, Chapter the second, & Chapter the third) on the cutting room floor until you people start taking an active role in this.

And to incentivize THAT, how about some Strange Death of Alex Raymond?

Not mock-ups like Jen gives you through the GoFundMe.

Actually, honest to George, drawn by Dave, ain't never been seen before*, holy bananas, wow, really, The Strange Death of Alex Raymond pages.

*well, you might have seen them if you really squint and pause Please Hold For Dave Sim (this is why the Audio is for suckers...), OR backed Sean's CONSIGNED Kickstarter and gotten the digital copy of that...

So, here's the deal. Sean had TWENTY-FOUR SDOAR pages in CONSIGNED (not 21 like he said he was gonna have...). I'ma run three of them today. For every TWENTY-FIVE people who vote for the next chapter of Choose Your Own "Jen"venture (and not anonymously, ya gotta give me a name...even a fake one...), I'll post another page until all twenty-four are posted.

Your options last time were:
If you want to see if shouting for help does anything, comment "Panic".
If you'd rather re-search everything and see if Jen left a clue on how she escaped, comment "Reassesment".

Whichever gets the most votes by 4pm(CST) next Tuesday determines the next chapter...
And now:



Okay, I hope you people are happy with yourselves...
_________________________________

Anyway, Big Board: 
  • 136 pages released so far as mocked up and/or drawn by Dave Sim through 7 March 2022
  • $22,115.00 raised to date from 428 donations
  • $175 away from unlocking page 137.
  • If you have not donated, a $5+ donation gets you access to all 136 pages and all future unlocked pages. Donate once or set up monthly donations here https://www.gofundme.com/f/sdoar-2023
  • If you have donated, why not donate again! All money goes to Dave Sim to continue his work on The Strange Death of Alex Raymond.


"Yeah yeah yeah, who won this thing?"
An UNREADABLE copy of glamourpuss #10!

Margaret.

Margaret won it.

But BEFORE she won it, she had said:
so if I win, keep the glamourpuss #10 slab and redo the raffle.
When I told Jen that and tried to pick another winner, she told me I had to run a new raffle.

And I told HER that she's not the boss of me...

So we're running a new damn raffle. With the same damn prize. ALL GoFundMe donations of $5, between July 1st, and Halloween (October 31st) gets you in the pot. Every $5 is another entry. On All Hallow's Eve, I'll pick another number, and Jen'll tell me Margaret won again and I'll cry like a bitch turn her in as a witch and collect six dollars from the magistrate. And declare a different winner. I'm sure this won't piss off anybody. (Should have just let me pick #102 Jen...)
___________________
 This, then:







And the new one:
Friend to the Blog, Steve Peters' latest Comicverse book, as Steve himself says:
For Cerebus readers, "Cerberus," our 3-headed, 31st century version of Cerebus, returns and figures prominently in one of our stories; we also have the 2 "Sparkybus" micro-prints that Matt Dow masterminded and Dave Sim signed, plus 3 different variants of "Tails of Sparkybus" that Dave drew stuff for and signed on a tipped-in plate. These are very limited editions and quantities of some are running low, so this could be the last chance to get them.
So get 'em while they're HOT!

Next Time: One damn vote so no more new SDOAR...

1 comment:

Michael Grabowski said...

If it's gonna be like that, then the obvious answer is "Reassessment."