Tuesday 13 June 2023

SDOAR 2023 #24: Beer Outwits Jen?!? Cerebus #9 Up for Grabs?!?

Yes, yes, yes. Cable is fixed. Mom is watching as much Law & Order: SVU as she can. Turns out her Verizon FIOS box was literally 15 years old. Those puppies aren't supposed to last more than 10.

Yes, yes, yes. Blame Canada. NYC air has been barely breathable, and this is from a city with pizza rats and urine cologne on many a block.

Yes, yes, yes. Jen is going on vacation to London, so get ready for some pretty non-timely posts in the next two weeks.

In the meantime, let's get started with...

"Thanks for putting the whole SDOAR SuperPac together. Dave sent me some cool signed tracings and stuff. Just the sort of ephemera that floats my boat."                                                      - Michael Hunt, GoFundMe Donor

Because I'm an idiot and got Michael mixed up with someone else who declined their rewards, I responded to Michael with, "I did tell him [Dave] you were declining the rewards, but I guess he overruled both of us!"

Thankfully, Michael hasn't embarrassed me by responding with, "What the hell are you taking about?"

<sigh>

Anyhoo, let's check out the cool stuff Michael got!

Looking to get your own cool stuff, despite Jen's best efforts to sabotage them? Simply donate enough to unlock the next page (every $200) and we'll get Dave to take care of you! Just remember to confirm if you want it signed, personalized, any recommended personalization, and Bob's your uncle! 

If you want something super special, like the Emo Manly I had Dave do, please reach out to me at jen@typingmonkeys.com and we'll see what sort of donation Dave might have in mind.

SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe -->> https://www.gofundme.com/f/sdoar-2023 <<-- SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe

Vox Populi: SDOAR 2023

    Do to popular demand, yet another SDOAR 2023 with... Iguana and Beer? Still?!?
    Stupid Beer.

    Just the Facts, Ma'am, a.k.a. The SDOAR Toteboard
    • *TWO* new pages unlocked since last week
    • $6,410.00 raised from 114 donations (plus $62.08 outside of GoFundMe).
    • 36 new pages released as mocked up by Dave Sim from Jun. 11 to Sep. 11, 2021
    • 57 total pages available on Dropbox, including Dave's 2019 mocked-up pages
    • Only $190.00 away from unlocking page 58
    • If you have not donated >> $5+ donation grants access to all 57 pages and all pages moving forward! 
    • If you have donated (thanks!!) >> GoFundMe does not have an option for monthly subscriptions. So... if you want to donate on a monthly basis, please do so as we are in the middle of month #6.
    • GoFundMe is a dreadful communication platform -- if you haven't heard back from me, gotten access to the new pages, etc., please email me at jen@typingmonkeys.com
    SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe -->> https://www.gofundme.com/f/sdoar-2023
     
    How Low Can She Go? Cerebus #9
     
    Next up on the block is Cerebus issue #9. Good clean duplicate copy I bought as part of a collection -- never opened by me! 
    Make me an offer -- or for any of the individual issues you might be missing from this week or a previous week -- and I'll donate the proceeds to the SDOAR GoFundMe campaign!

    If you are interested, you should know the drill by now -- email me at jen@typingmonkeys.com and I'll get you sorted!

    SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe -->> https://www.gofundme.com/f/sdoar-2023 <<-- SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe

    Jen's Non-Stressful Giant-Sized Ashcan(s) Update

    We are officially two-thirds of the way through the Restored Edition of SDOAR 2023 #0 *and* work has begun on the Remastered Edition, with Philip R. Frey painstakingly removing the watermarks from photos that are no longer available to purchase online. 

    I updated Dave yesterday on our progress and his extensive response was, "No rush."

    So... we continue to move the rock uphill, but it's likely going to be later in the summer before we can start to put together payment options for GFMers. Cool? Cool.

    Just the FAQs, Ma'am

    Nobody in Particular asks, "Whatcha doing in London, Jen?

    To which Jen responds, "Wow! Thanks for asking! I'm getting an AirBnB flat near Paddington Station and bopping around London, Cardiff, Bristol and maybe Brighton or Oxford. Lots of shows (such as Groundhog Day: The Musical by Tim Minchin), Frank and Percy (with Ian McKellan), some escape rooms, interactive theatre experience and a few Doctor Who adjacent escapades. And food. Lots of fried food! Can't wait!!!!"

    Phew!!! That's all she wrote!

    Jen

    7 comments:

    Brian West said...

    I LOL'ed on that last panel. Very funny, Jen. Very, Funny.

    Tony Dunlop said...

    Tally Ho! Toss a quid or two at a Covent Garden busker for me.

    Margaret said...

    Yah, that was a good comic. Moar please!

    Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

    If you're in the ORIGINAL inner circle, I refer you to the 2009(?) Christmas card.

    Ahem..."stupid wop dago"...

    Manly
    (Like, I don't even understand what we fighting over, I just know Mary Poppins is flying the coop just when things are gonna get interesting...)

    Jen said...

    You know, Manly, I read your comment multiple times and I still don't know what the heck you are talking about! Mary Poppins? Coop? 2009 Christmas Card? Anyway, all in good fun -- I hope!

    Mouse Skull Entertainment said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

    Jen,

    I guess we all know ONE person who's NOT in the ORIGINAL inner circle...

    Chim-chim Cha-roo DiGiacomo!

    Manly