Saturday 10 June 2023

The Last Day. Because quite frankly, there's enough The Last Day news, that I ain't gonna be able to talk about anything else.

Hi, Everybody!

So, The Last Day...
Since the cartoon doggie is here, let us start with the current Auction that's ending at Midnight TONIGHT!!!:
click for more detail.

Dave's deets:
Don't worry 'bout "the Code". I do what I want...

Which is currently going for $60 Canadian Dollars to Craig Johnson.

Meanwhile, after the "Dollar Crisis", Michael Hunt said:
I bid $111.
Canadian? Dunno
U.S.? Dunno.
On what? Dunno.
Figure it out and let me know.
--- Michael Hunt
And I offered to sell him whatever he was interested in. He said:
Manly,
Huh.
I just wondered what would happen If I bid as nonsensicaly as Dave is having you auction.
Now I know.
A panoramic remarqued Last Day would do just fine, thank you.
Who's palm do I grease?
--- Michael Hunt
And added after I laid out the wares:
Manly,

Options are appreciated.
I'll have the panoramic, please.
Just to make things more fun, if it shows up with a quick and simple Lord Julius saying, "Mistakes were made," on the inside cover, then I'll slap down another $111.
The honor system.
--- Michael Hunt
So I told him about the Auction Craig Johnson is winning, and I offered up everything else that's in The Last Day Widescreen Remarque Auction Catalogue that's free if you buy a The Last Day Remarque for $99 Canadian off of CerebusDownloads.com OR Just $25 on CerebusDownloads.com.

And he picked this one:
So IF you HAVE a Widescreen Auction Catalogue, this one WON'T be available whenever.

ANYWAY, I faxed Dave 'bout it:



I emailed Michael what Dave had to say, and he responded, and I sent that to Dave, and got back:
I mean, sorry Zipp', but you read "The Big Giant Head". (Although, this isn't an Auction, this is somebody offering cash on the barrelhead. So I don't even know how you'd get in on this?) And I have NO CLUE what's on the nightstand, but it is probably amazing...

SO, if you have an Auction Catalogue, and want a particular piece, make an offer to momentofcerebus@gmail.com (DON'T just say "I want page 17." I DON'T have the stupid catalogue. I don't know what's on page 17. Wait, I don't NEED to know. Dave HAS the stupid catalogue. Dave WROTE the stupid catalogue. Nevermind...) if it's high enough, I'll send the deal to Dave and if he accepts it "Bob's your uncle." And if it's too low, I'll ignore you. (If it's NOT over a hundred bucks, don't even bother. I'm serious. The regular Cerebus head Remarques are $99. The only way you get one for less is Dave's eBoner Auctions, IF I'm being magnanimous...) And if you DON'T have a catalogue, I'll run all the covers tomorrow (Happy Birthday me!).

Okay, if you don't want a copy of The Last Day with a head sketch (fancy of otherwise) Previews has you covered:
If you have enough copies of Dave's signature: CEREBUS TP VOL 16 THE LAST DAY NEW PTG (O/A) 
These are the new printing WITH the "The Last Day" sticker on the spine to cover up the "Form & Void" F***-UP.
If YOU need a sticker for YOUR copy of The Last Day, I have some:
Americans: email momentofcerebus@gmail.com
Canadians: send a self addressed stamped envelope to
Aardvark-Vanaheim 
P.O. Box 1674, Station C, 
Kitchener, Ontario N2G 4R2, Canada.
United Kingdom: A Moment of Cerebus has a guy in Britain doing distribution, email momentofcerebus@gmail.com and I'll hook you up.
Aussies: AMOC is looking for a distribution guy. Apply at momentofcerebus@gmail.com.
Everybody else: email momentofcerebus@gmail.com, and I'll see what I can do.

And, IF you buy one off of CerebusDownloads.com, and want it personalized thusly:

You need to call (519) 576-0610 and leave a message for Dave explaining that you bought a copy (I'd say what the name that paid is, so Dave can verify with Eddie. Like if you're well..."Eddie", but NextAVPresident@email.com paid, I'd say "Hi Dave! This is but NextAVPresident@email.com, I paid for a Remarqued The Last Day at CerebusDownload.com, and would like it personalized "To Eddie!" please. I've been a fan since glamourpuss..." (Ya know that the tape DOES run out, right?...) OR, if you have the technology, you could fax your PayPal receipt to (519) 576-0955 to prove to Dave that you paid, and include your personalization request. Or if you know Eddie's email (I should feckin' hope Eddie has his own email address...), you could email Eddie with your personalization request, and make HIM tell Dave to write "To Eddie!" on your Remarqued The Last Day that you bought from CerebusDownload.com for $99 Canadian Dollars.), and want it signed.

Okay, I THINK that covers everything.

BUT, just in case, any questions/comments/concerns/whatevers, momentofcerebus@gmail.com.
____________________________________
The TMNT 8 IndieGoGo. If it ain't ended, it's going to pretty dang soon. AND after the T8 Kickstarter Fulfillment, The Last Day Hardcover Campaign will begin (Like a month or two later. Not until the END OF THE YEAR at the earliest...)
____________________________________
Heritage has three pages from Cerebus Jam #1! And Akimbo! And The Lone Vark & Lone Turtle paintings! 
____________________________________
____________________________________
Oliver's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark it's currently available on "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi". If you're in Brazil..."Mometu", "Nuclear Home Video". (There was a version that had Latter Days Cerebus in the opening. Dave drew storyboards. I should dig them up...)
____________________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide:  
June 10-11 and June 22-25
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off 
__________________________________
Next Time: Last Day Remarques. Almost all of The Last Day Remarques...

4 comments:

Dion said...

Happy Birthday Matt! (I think?!?)

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Dion!

That's right, you live in tomorrow, quick: what are the winning lottery numbers?

Matt
(My birthday's June 11th. So thanks?)

Michael Grabowski said...

This reminds me of John Cleese's joke about someone finding a very rare unsigned copy of a Michael Palin book.

Travis H said...

I was at a shop where most of their trades were shelved with the spine out and in alphabetical order by title. I was looking for a Ghosts Rider TPB for my son and noticed Form and Void. I don’t think anyone will find that copy of The Last Day in that store. Next time I’m there I’ll see if they can put it in the “L” section.

PS, I already bought a copy elsewhere.