Saturday 17 June 2023

The FIRST AMOC Rummage Sale: Part the First

Hi, Everybody!

So look what came in the mail:

I know, I know:

Well, there are SIX packages, and ONE of them was opened when I got it. THAT one has these in it:

There are SIXTEEN SIGNED and TEN UNsigned Header cards.

"Uh-huh, That's nice. But:"
Well...I dunno. The other five packages are sealed, and I'ma NOT opening them up. So, it's a MYSTERY!

Presumably, they have CerebusTV Header cards in them. Maybe they have letters to the stores signed by Dave. Maybe the Header cards are signed, maybe they aren't. It TRULY is "Schrodinger's Aardvark".

"But Matt, you should open them and find out!'

No dice, Imaginary AMOC Reader who lives rent-free in my head.

See, Dave said: 
So, I'ma starting a NEW Contest. Ya ready? It's a trivia contest. Ya got your thinking caps on? Ya prepared? Got ALL your phonebooks handy? AND Collected Letters? Okay here are the questions:
  1. Do you have money?
  2. Are you willing to give it to me?
Okay write your answers on a 3x5 index card and check YOUR answers against the key below:
  • If you answered "Yes" to BOTH questions, CONGRATULATIONS! You ARE a winner!
"Wait...I won...WHAT? Exactly?"
You won the opportunity to give me money and receive a CerebusTV Header card of your very own!
"I get to...BUY a Header card?"
Correct-o-mundo! I'ma sell 'em. (And send the money to Dave, minus my S&H fee.)
UNsigned: $10 AMERICAN (none of that weird Canadian money with birds and trees on it. Dead Presidents and their hangers-on ONLY. Plus $5 shipping & handling. (So, $15 AMERICAN.)
Signed: $15 AMERICAN plus the $5 shipping & handling. ($20 AMERICAN.)

Supplies ARE limited, so momentofcerebus@gmail.com

"Yeah, but what about 'Schrodinger's Aardvark's?"

Well, I posted the picture on Faceybookee, and *jokingly* said "What am I bid?" and Spatula said "$50", and Patella said "$55" and Toenail said "$56". And Christian also said "$50" (he's not in the L.O.A.S.S., so he don't get a funny nickname.) But those guys didn't KNOW what they're doing, so lemme lay some Knowledge on ya:

I weighed one of the packages, and then weighed the open envelope with the cardboard insert and added Header cards until it weighed what the package weighed. It's about two or three cards. Full breakdown:
Weighs: 3.105oz

Weighs: 3.17oz

Weighs: 3.165oz

Weighs: 3.06oz

Weighs: 3.095oz

When I weighed just a single Header card, it weighed .580oz. So I'm guessing that there MAY be a variation in the cardboard insert weights. OR, more cards in some. OR, a letter in some. OR, I don't goddamn know. Anyway, I'm gonna turn the FIRST one of these over to the cartoon doggie:

The package that's addressed the FURTHEST from my house is:

I'll be nice, and let the four early bidders reassess if they wanna spend all their money of a lightweight Mystery package. It's the heaviest at 3.17oz. Starting bid is $25 AMERICAN (who the @%&* is "Pierre LaSchmuck" and why do I give a @%&* if he's on your money? Abe Lincoln. THERE'S a face for your cash...) Anyway auction runs until NEXT week Saturday. So, SEVEN DAYS.

And since I'ma tryin' to get some of this stuff out of my house, 

The FIRST AMOC Rummage Sale

All prices in AMERICAN dollars. (I'ma pay Dave the price in Canadian dollars, don't worry.) (Click for bigger on the photos.)
  1. The Last Day postcards, signed by Dave. I have 3. $10 apiece. 

  2. Turtles 8 postcards, signed by Dave. I have 7. $10 apiece. 

  3. Brian's Comics T8 bundle. The Strange Death of Alex Raymond variant of the T8 letter, a signed photocopy of the Turtles 1 T8 cover. And an original T8 art card by Dave. I have 1. $70. 

  4. Cactus Comics T8 bundle. The NON-SDOAR T8 letter, a signed photocopy of the Turtles 1 T8 cover. And an original T8 art card by Dave. I have 1. $70. 

  5. B.A. Comics T8 card and envelope. I have 1. $70.  SOLD!


  6. Chez Geeks T8 bundle. Original T8 art card by Dave. 10 signed & numbered T8 postcards. $170. 


  7. Big Pete's Comics T8 bundle. Original T8 art card by Dave. 10 signed & numbered T8 postcards. $170. 


  8. The Beguiling Parliament store T8 bundle. Original T8 art card by Dave. 10 signed & numbered T8 postcards. $170. 


  9. The Beguiling Markham store T8 bundle. Original T8 art card by Dave. Signed photocopy of the Turtles 1 T8 cover. 10 signed & numbered T8 postcards. $170.  SOLD!!!

Ya get the original envelopes this stuff came in too. (I might be keeping the post-it notes with Dave's signature, not sure yet...)

Okay, email momentofcerebus@gmail.com with what you want, and COMMENT here if you're bidding on the Auction.

Doggie?
__________________________________
The Last Day With out nothing.
   "      "     "        "  Dave's signature.
   "      "     "        "  an Old Cerebus Remarque
   "      "     "        "  a hardcover.
   "      "     "     Auction catalog for the Panoramic Remarques.
   "      "     "     spine sticker (since the book is misprinted with "Form & Void" on it...)
__________________________________
The TMNT 8 IndieGoGo, IT'S OVER! That means the books are being printed and I'm *this* close to getting my stuff from the T8 Kickstarter. (PS: FILLOUT YOUR @%&*ING SURVEYS!!!)
__________________________________
Heritage has three pages from Cerebus Jam #1! And Akimbo! And The Lone Vark & Lone Turtle paintings! And other things...
__________________________________
__________________________________
Oliver's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark it's currently available on "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi". If you're in Brazil..."Mometu", "Nuclear Home Video". 
__________________________________
Hey Matt!
Could you add a link to SDOAR 2023 GFM at the bottom of your posts on AMOC?
Thanks!
Jen
She's *supposedly* flying into London. So everybody call the TSA and report her as a dru...
Um... I mean, "wish her bon voyage!" (not like me. I'ma asshole:)
*mwah* Jen...
____________________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide:  
June 22-25
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off 
__________________________________
Next Time: The AMOC Fax machine is overflowing...

1 comment:

Spatula said...

I bid $35 on the heaviest of the light weights, the big tiny, as it were.