Saturday 31 December 2016

"Grow Up, Son."

JEFF SEILER:
This week’s letter from Dave makes reference to a couple of things that I had written to him: First was a visit to the doctor to see what was wrong with my gut (IBS and drinking too much) and the second reference was when I told him that Senator (Candidate) McCain’s pick for his vice-presidential candidate was one Sarah Palin and that she bore a striking resemblance to Tina Fey. I had added that Senator McCain bore a passing resemblance to a certain earth-pig born whenever he (McCain) puffed out his left cheek, as he was prone to do. I then asked if Dave could do me a sketch of Cerebus as McCain, and asked for a hint about the upcoming Secret Project #3, which (IIRC) was Cerebus Archive (the comic book). 

05 Sept., 2008

Hi Jeff--

Yes, let's give Rich the exclusive [of posting images from glamourpuss #4] for a week on all images and see what that does and then do a post-op at the end of this month on whether to keep doing it or try something else.

Alcohol is always a bad idea, so I'm with the female Indian doctor on this one. As the doctor of a Scottish retailer said to him in his late 50s, "Grow up, son."

Tina Fey I wouldn't know if I tripped over her... SNL, right? All I know is what I read in the papers. I'll see about the sketch, but no promises until Gerhard is paid off.

No hints on Secret Project #3... yet.

Back to gp#5, page 12.

Dave

4 comments:

Jeff Seiler said...

What!!?

No comments, no remarks, no rebuttals to "Grow up, Son."?

Come on, guys!

And, erm, Margaret.

Travis Pelkie said...

Too easy, Jeff! We're all on our New Year's Resolutions here still! Give us until the fifth or something!

Damian T. Lloyd, Esq. said...

Fifth? I'll take a quart.

-- Damian

Jeff Seiler said...

You mean you're a quart low, (he says, reigniting the on-and-off-again feud)?

Maybe if you used it for something other than your mustache...