Saturday 15 August 2020

Aardvark Comment: Michael R. from Easton Pennsylvania

Hi, Everybody!

The Kickstarter for Dave and Carson Grubaugh's You Don't Know Jack was successfully funded by 256 backers pledging $21,302 (US)! I'm sure if the team could post here, they'd say "thank you" to everyone who backed the project and spread the word across social media (wait, they can. Why am I doing this then?)

The Strange Death of Alex Raymond: Fundraising Edition copies are printed, signed, and are sitting on Eddie's dining room table judging him while he watches TV (I presume...). He'll be packing and shipping them as he can, so depending on the vagaries of the Canadian and international mailing services, you can expect your copies soon-ish.

If you missed the Waverly Press Kickstarter for the Remastered Cerebus #1, limited overflow of the rewards are available at cerebusoverload.com. (A new something-something coming soon.)

Cerebus masks and whatnots with all the money going to Dave.

Until the end of the month, there's also "Cerebus in Hell? 4 Sell". With all the profits going to Aardvark-Vanaheim.

Speaking of Cerebus in Hell? Word on the Street is that the 18th is the Final Order Cutoff for: Vault of Cerebus! And The "Censored for Grandma" variant: Batvark XXXXX (Okay, I heard that from Brian West on the Tweeters. But that's like a street, right?)
And about two weeks until The Amicable Spider-Vark should be in stores (If they were fixed, judging by this, they have been:)

Speaking of which, A Moment of Cerebus is facilitating Aardvark/Vanaheim's auctioning of a signed copy of the mis-stapled The Amicable Spider-Vark #1. As soon as I get pictures, I'll show you what it looks like, but it's signed by Dave five times with a silver sharpie that was dying, and some of them are smeared. It's a "Sandeep Atwall 1 of 5". Bidding starts is at $20 American dollars (plus shipping) to Margaret Liss.
Signed copies of Vark Wars: Walt's Empire Strikes Back (Signed by Dave, Signed by Dave and me, Signed by me after I scribble out Dave's name, Pretty much available Signed only...)
_______________________________

Hey look:
Mail there, or just Fax: 519 576 0955. Or email me at momentofcerebus@gmail.com and I'll take care of it.










Michael had a second letter:


Dave replied to both letters in one message, so here's the second half of Dave's response:


Like Dave said way at the top, this could have been a whole series of posts, but I've got a whole mess of stuff to post, and don't want to lose stuff, so you guys get it all at once.

Oh, and here's Michael in his Cerebus facemasks: 

He said: 
Hi Matt!
I just received my first order of 2 masks, the Cerebus mask and the Matt Dow's AMOC mask. Both masks are pretty tight around the ears. I hope they stretch out a bit once I break it in. The Cerebus snout one is awesome, but the Matt Dow's AMOC one looks a bit blurred and it's really hard to read the small print. I sent 2 photos of me wearing them. Nothing wrong with my vision in case you're wondering if the masks cause cross-eyedness. LOL. Just looking at the phone while a take a selfie.

Michael
Next Time: Oliver and more pics of TeePublic Merch. And twitter links...

5 comments:

Damian T. Lloyd, Esq. said...

If Dave thinks that replying to his mail takes up too much of his time, he could, y'know, not reply to his mail. That's not really the fault of people who write to him. As someone once wrote, "You don't owe your fans and readers a personal reply."

-- Damian

Anonymous said...

(Citation: Dave Sim: Cerebus Guide to Self-Publishing. p. 43.)

Brian West said...

Matt, keep doing the Tweeters hyperlink joke, please. It’s a keeper, and this from someone who enjoys Twitter.

RSS said...

Er... general question: when can we expect to see an issue of DeadVark? #justasking

Steve said...


I'm guessing Dave is standing to sign all those press sheets of the covers because...he can't focus well enough when sitting.

*evil chuckle*

Steve