Friday 7 August 2020

Canadian Price Variants, cont. Pt 2 (Dave's Weekly Update #351)

Hi, Everybody!


Heeeeeere's




Topical Links: https://www.cpvpriceguide.com/
http://www.dougcomicworld.com/
dsulipa@gmail.com

Cerebus in Hell?:
The Daily CiH? strips have ended. (I think you probably noticed...)
For Order:Vault of Cerebus! And The "Censored for Grandma" variant: Batvark XXXXX
Signed copies of Vark Wars: Walt's Empire Strikes Back (Signed by Dave, Signed by Dave and me, Signed by me after I scribble out Dave's name, Signed by my kids, Signed by my mailman, Signed by random strangers I meet on the way to the Post Office, Signed by "Jorge Luiz", Signed by You (if you get it in the mail and have a pen handy...), Signed by random Customs Agents (if you're a foreigner), Signed by Benjamin Hobbs (if you mail it and twenty bucks to him), Signed by David Birdsong (if you mail it to HIM along with twenty-FIVE bucks), Signed by Sean Robinson (if you mail it to him along with however much he's charging, I haven't asked...), Signed by Mark Hamill! (if you kidnap him. (Don't kidnap him...)), Pretty much available Signed only...)
In stores now: Attractive Cousins
And maybe by the end of the month: The Amicable Spider-Vark (there's been an issue. Hopefully by the end of the month. More on this tomorrow.)

And there's a Kickstarter for Dave and Carson Grubaugh's You Don't Know Jack. The Newest Update:
Wow, we have reached 200 backers!!! Thank you all so much!

My personal goal is 278 backers because Dave's highest count was 277 on CAN 1 and I am competitive. Ha-ha.

Spread the word!!!

........................................

While all the campaign madness is going on I am also on my way to set up a home in Alabama with this lovely crew
Anyone who has followed my time with Dave knows that my ultimate career goal has always been full-time employment as a professor. It finally happened and I will finally be entering adulthood as a Professor of Art at Shelton State Community College in Tuscaloosa Alabama! So... ROLL TIDE... I guess?

Currently hanging out for a couple days in Texas, at my partner's father's house
Trying to slooooooooowwwwwly adjust this California Boy's body to the humidity while Torie is getting practice as a puppy pillow
We move in to our new place in Alabama on Monday morning!!!

..........................................

In an effort to help the campaign hit our $20,000 Stretch Goal, and shamelessly beg for financial help setting up a new home for that lovely lady and our two adorable puppies, I would like to remind everyone that all of the original art for YDKJ is on sale during the campaign.

Just head to http://hodtech.net/ydkj.html where you can see what is available and at what price. Email me at clubgrubbug@gmail.com with the title of the piece/s you want and what you have already pledged for and I will make a custom, original-art tier just for you!

Here are some of the pieces that are still available
Loki appreciates all the food you will be buying him
And Cammie says she wants me to buy her a new, chocolate sister.

Absolutely shameless, I know That is DIY capitalism, folks

See you all when I get to Alabama!

If you missed the Waverly Press Kickstarter for the Remastered Cerebus #1, limited overflow of the rewards are available at cerebusoverload.com

Cerebus masks and whatnots with all the money going to Dave.

Until the end of the month, there's also "Cerebus in Hell? 4 Sell". With all the profits going to Aardvark-Vanaheim.

Next Time: Please Hold For Dave Sim August 2020, wanna see some art from it:
Click for bigger.

7 comments:

Dave Kopperman said...

Carson! Congratulations on the professorship!

Steve said...


And a second on that congrats to Carson.

New job, new home -- I hope it all comes together for you and your family, Carson.

And Dave's buying multiple copies of these price variants?
Really?
Well, it is his money, to do with as he wishes. But I'll be less likely to believe 'the money is running out' knowing what money there is is being used for vanity purchases like Canadian price variant comics.

And Matt, if you only got about three minutes of audio, I hope it was for my question, the most important one of course.

Steve

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Steve,


... you'll see...

Manly

Anonymous said...

Carson,

Shameless maybe, but adorable! Cute doggies. And congratulations on your new position.
Neat drawing of Jack with the light shining out of her. Good luck with your move.

cheers,

A Fake Name

Tony Dunlop said...

Wow, way to go, Carson. I know - from experience - how brutal the academic job market is, and has been, for at least a couple of decades. Mazel Tov!

Tony again said...

OK, I listened to a few minutes of the video, and now I have one of Styx's biggest hits going through my head.
Thanks a lot.

Carson Grubaugh said...

Thank you for the well wishes everyone. We made it safely and are getting settled in! The puppies are going a bit crazy, and the lady is happily cleaning away and nesting while I hide in my new "office" and prepare for the semester! Hahaha.