Wednesday 22 July 2020

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT!!! cerebusoverload.com!

Hi Everybody!

I know, I know, "three posts in one day? What madness is this?"

But it's BREAKING NEWS!!!

From the Waverly Press:

Hi backers, we have received numerous requests from some of you asking about picking up some of the extras from this campaign. We have just launched a new page called "Cerebus Overload" where we will offer VERY limited overflow from our Cerebus projects including the Cerebus No. 1. We will also be offering prototype items related to the development of this and other projects with Dave Sim as well as occasional offerings directly from the Cerebus Archive. We have a few things up now and will add more in the coming days and weeks. Also, from now until midnight Sunday we are offering 20% off everything. Use code: 1977

Please note that for the time being, the shopping cart is only set up for U.S. orders. We can possibly arrange for shipping to international addresses if you contact us through the website.

cerebusoverload.com

Thank you for your support!
Well, if you click over to cerebusoverload.com, there's this:

The first deluxe signed & numbered, hardcover edition of the classic graphic novel by Harvey, Inkpot and Kirby award-winning writer and illustrator, Dave Sim.

High Society: The Regency Edition collects issues 26-50 of Cerebus with stunning remastered art along with 32 additional pages of rarities from the Cerebus Archive.

Each hardcover book will arrive hand signed by Cerebus creator Dave Sim and will be accompanied by a collection of unique “Artifacts” including a poster, signed print, and a special anniversary edition of Cerebus No. 26, all created exclusively for this edition, and housed in a bespoke slipcase.

At only 150 Signed & Numbered sets, we expect High Society: The Regency Edition to sell out quickly!
THAT'S RIGHT! Cerebus Hardcovers! (I know some of you are gonna be so excited by this news you're gonna need to change your underwear...) 

So, never let it be said I don't give you the breaking news as it breaks (I mean I DO, but not this time...)

Next Time: I'm NOT even supposed to be here today...

8 comments:

Dave Kopperman said...

Whoa.

Gabe McCann said...

Is this the first HC of Cerebus in English. I think there's been a Spanish one made already?

Jeff said...

And, IIRC, French.

Jeff said...

Somebody/ies bought them all up within a few minutes. Fuck all y'all.

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Jeff,

Bought all of what?

High Society is COMING SOON.

They haven't been released yet.

Manly
(Damn, calm down man...)

Steve said...


So I'm cautiously excited to hear of this hard cover release.

I do believe there is a market among Cerebus fans for hardcovers - I've advocated for these books for years, but the fan base and market has shrunk considerably.

As I told Matt during our conversation that was posted here on AMOC, there's not a market for 2000 copies of each of the 16 phone books. A limited, special release project is perfect.

My caution comes from two personal aspects: how much is the book going to cost, considering I've got various other copies already (and will 32 pages be enough of a draw for me to purchase).
The second is much greater: I like the covers, I like the editorials, and I especially like the letters pages. While the remastered art pages are a marvel to read (Thanks everyone involved!!), I miss the non-art pages while reading the phone books.

But I understand: the higher quality paper makes for a BIG book already, including another perhaps 30% more pages would become unwieldy.

Gotta go, duty calls...

Steve

Tony Dunlop said...

A couple of years ago this would've been a sure thing for me...but I finally broke down and bought the Robinson-remastered edition when it came out. What with the high quality paper and improved binding, not to mention the stunning reproductive quality of the artwork, I'm not sure I'll buy this.

Glen said...

I checked out the Cerebus Ovderload website in hopes of buying a Cerebus cloisonne pin. They looked pretty neat during the Kickstarter campaign.


$15 USD for the pin plus $15 UPS shipping to Canada which works out to $40 Canadian at the current exchange rate.

For a pin.


I'll pass.