Monday 27 July 2020

Who wants a Cerebus Facemask?

Hi, Everybody!

A lot going on, so let's get to it:
The Kickstarter for You Don't Know Jack. Latest update: 
Thank you for all of the upgrades!!! Ya'll (gotta practice for my upcoming move to Alabama!) are making this campaign a wild success; currently 556% above our goal!

To help the campaign reach it's stretch-goal of $20,000, which would see all backer of $15-and-up get a digital-download of Dave Sim's mockups for YDKJ, and the "Dave Sim Edit" of the book, we have created two high-end, specialty tiers.

The first is a "One-Hour Alex Raymond Spoiler Barrage phone call with Dave Sim" for $740. This tier is a one-off called Mecha Enchilada-With Dave Sim and nets the generous backer all of the signed physical comics, a Google-Image Grab-Bag Sketch, all digital downloads, PLUS a one hour call with Dave, in which he will 'splain you how his version of The Strange Death of Alex Raymond would have ended!

The second new tier is called The Academy and is open to as many backers as want it. The Academy comes with all of the products we are offering plus a series of private drawing lessons with Carson Grubaugh, explained and previewed in this video. https://youtu.be/Xq4J48Koifs

The course is the equivalent of a 15-week semester with 90 hours of class time! $17 an hour for private lessons, plus all the other goodies!? Now THAT is a steal!

Cerebus in Hell?:
The NEW one: Vault of Cerebus!
For Order still: The "Censored for Grandma" variant: Batvark XXXXX (the original Batvark PENIS has been FOCed.)
Signed copies of Vark Wars: Walt's Empire Strikes Back (Signed by Dave, Signed by Dave and me, Signed by me after I scribble out Dave's name, Signed by my kids, Signed by my mailman, Signed by random strangers I meet on the way to the Post Office, Signed by "Jorge Luiz", Signed by You (if you get it in the mail and have a pen handy...), Signed however you want...)
In stores now: Attractive Cousins

Heritage has a sketch by Gerhard.

If you missed the Waverly Press Kickstarter for the Remastered Cerebus #1, limited overflow of the rewards are available at cerebusoverload.com. I got a package in the mail of all sorts of neat stuff:
Some of these are prototypes, but versions of all this are available.

And, as it's Monday, Dave's sent an update:

So, yesterday Oliver shared this image of me:

Well, I got the other style of mask today:

Now, TeePublic took down the original store, but I made a new one: https://www.teepublic.com/user/matt-dow-s-amoc-teepublic-shop

And redesigned the way the masks look:

The basic mask: 

The pleated double layer mask:


And I think the first store got deleted because I was only making masks, so the new store has all sorts of neat stuff (like t-shirts:)


ALL the money that comes in goes to Dave. (As of this writing, he's getting $40 (US).)

You can also get the Matt Dow's A Moment Of Cerebus Logo too:
(Although TeePublic DOESN'T do thong underwear like CafePress did (I didn't select that as an option to buy. Because I don't need my name on your underwear...)

Next Time: Less of this kinda thing, and more of the other kind of thing...

2 comments:

Michael R. said...

Hi Matt!
I just ordered 1 each of the face masks.
Michael

Tony Dunlop said...

They're actually called "mouth diapers."
Don't remember where I first heard that but I've been using it ever since.