Friday 17 July 2020

Definitely recommend Woerner (pt4) (Dave's Weekly Update #348)

Hi, Everybody!

Heeeeeere's



What I Learned by Christopher Woerner. (In answer to Chris' question from last week's update, I believe Dave has seen the first Avenger's movie. I think he used to watch them at Mike Kitchen's house one he'd go over and visit.)

Heritage has glamourpuss/The Strange Death of Alex Raymond Art by Dave, and a sketch by Gerhard..

Cerebus in Hell?:
For Order: Batvark PENIS! and the "Censored for Grandma" variant: Batvark XXXXX
Signed copies of Vark Wars: Walt's Empire Strikes Back (Signed by Dave, Signed by Dave and me, Signed by me after I scribble out Dave's name, Signed by my kids, however you want...)
Possibly in stores now: Attractive Cousins

And there's a Kickstarter for Dave and Carson Grubaugh's You Don't Know Jack.

(It's fully funded, so you don't got to sweat if they're gonna make it. There are extra copies of the Fund Raising Edition of The Strange Death of Alex Raymond Volume 1 available in one of the tiers if you missed that. (It's not signed by Dave. If YOU ORDERED a copy of the Fund Raising Edition, Eddie is going to get them to you.) and THOSE WILL be signed by Dave.)

Speaking of Kickstarters... The latest update from the Waverly Press on the Remastered Cerebus #1:
CEREBUS NO. 1.

After a few minor proofing delays the Cerebus No. 1 books are finally in production. Dave has to sign all the platinum books so that might slow things down a little bit, but we don't anticipate any major delays going forward.

As mentioned in our previous update, everything else has been proofed, printed and ready to be paired with your books for final delivery. The "stretch goal" most of you seemed excited about is the "Secret History of the Counterfeit Cerebus No. 1" which was to be produced as a mini-comic. We decided to go ahead and upgrade it to standard comic size as you can see in the photo below. We have a small handful of the "Secret Cerebus" No. 1 and the "Press Cover" No. 1 proofs on hand and they are stunning! You can see them below alongside the $1 variant proof of #1 which was offered in limited numbers during the campaign.

What's that under the No. 1? Wait, isn't that...? Stay tuned!
 
Woo-boy, this is gonna blow up "real good" ain't it?

Next Time: Maybe another trip to the A/V A/V club...

9 comments:

Bill Ritter said...

A thought on "You Don't Know Jack". This is really a no-frills Kickstarter, for a fairly "simple" 48 page comic. It's closing on $10k. Maybe it'll reach $15k, maybe $20k.

For a non-Cerebus, partly comics-unknown creative team, and a completely unknown "character" (sorry Jack) and premise...not too shabby.

Makes me wonder whether all other beliefs of potential other Cerebus/Sim publications are also wrong: hardcovers, SDOAR, etc. I'm not sure the Dave Sim publisher of the Comics Independent Age of the 1980s is quite as correct in strategy (or execution) for the 2010-2020s (no disrespect to Dave, whatsoever).

Ultimately, many congratulations to Carson on getting this out there to 133 (and counting) backers.

Anonymous said...

Ok, just wondering. I just think it's cool that I'm getting any attention from Dave.
ChrisW

Paul Slade said...

What the hell is Cerebus eating in that title sequence, anyway?

Anonymous said...

I'm totally blanking on what food Cerebus is eating, potatoes? I'm not around my comics so I can't check right now and my memory is gone so I can't remember what he ate. I know he had them in "High Society" and "Guys" and probably elsewhere.
ChrisW

Jeff said...

Potatoes were always his go-to food, well, except for cheese in The Last Day.

Paul Slade said...

That foodstuff in the video doesn't look like any potato I've ever seen.

Anonymous said...

"Alive or dead... meat is meat... Cerebus always eats meat" - Cerebus phonebook p.64

At least, until he found out about raw potatoes...

Dave said...

Say could you clarify something? If we backed the FE does that mean we are *definitely* getting a print copy? Because I thought all that fell apart. That’s why I was excited to see (abbreviated) print copies of SDOAR available on the YDKJ campaign, as I figured that would be the only way to see SDOAR in print for the foreseeable future.

So FE backers can still expect to receive signed, physical copies?

Tony Dunlop said...

"If we backed the FE does that mean we are *definitely* getting a print copy? Because I thought all that fell apart."

There is some text in this post that is larger than the other text in this post. Find it; read it.

Eddie is Tarim.