Saturday 8 April 2023

Half of Please Hold and like a week's worth of posts

Hi, Everybody!

Please Hold For Dave Sim:

The Audio:

And the videos take a long time, and I had to work today (I missed Monday 'cause I was sick.), then I went to my LCS to get the two (I ordered two?) copies of The Last Void, so I'ma workk on those and get 'em up for tomorrow.

In the mean time, here's something Dave faxed:































Click for bigger
____________________________________
Heritage has things. Mostly comics this time.
____________________________________
____________________________________
____________________________________
Sean Robinson's Living the Line is Kickstartering the Trade of Abolition of Man.
____________________________________
____________________________________
____________________________________
Oliver's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark it's currently available on "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi". If you're in Brazil..."Mometu", "Nuclear Home Video", "AND AN AARDVARK IN A PEAR TREE!!!" 
____________________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide:  
April 8-9 and April 26-30
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off 
__________________________________
Next Time: The Video Portion of Please Hold For Dave Sim.

3 comments:

ChrisW said...

Ok, this is a very odd coincidence about Dave's obsession of the number 7. I'm working on a history project and I've spent the last couple of days working on the book of Genesis and I was looking directly at Genesis 4 as he specified which verses he was referring to.

Dunno what that means but there you go.

Paul Slade said...

Don't mean shit. It's exactly what you called it - a coincidence and nothing more.

Think of all the thousands upon thousands of times a match like that hasn't occurred, and it's utterly unsurprising that once in a blue moon there's an exception. The problem is that you're according that one exception a special significance and forgetting the huge number of instances where what you were working on and what you happened to reading while doing so bore no relationship whatsoever.

ChrisW said...

My history project is quite long and tedious. The odds of spending virtually every waking moment on Easter working on it is quite unlikely. It's not like I don't have anything else to work on, including what I hadn't gotten to yet for Easter because I'd been working on this.

Out of all the thousands and thousand of years I have to get through multiple times, the odds of being on the book of Genesis are even smaller. Genesis has quite a few chapters, the percentage of being on those exact verses is even smaller.

And why was this brought up? Because Dave is explaining why he focuses on a specific message in scripture which runs across time and history. I wouldn't have had the same reaction if I'd been looking at a 7 and he happened to say "I've just always liked the number seven."

And someone with no connection to me, Dave or Genesis happens to rush in and insist it means nothing, just ignore it. No chance that there's any deeper meaning, you'd bet your life on it.

It's like pointing out that it rains quite often and there's no rainbow afterwards, so it's just a meaningless coincidence on the rare occasions you see a rainbow. Don't give it any thought, there's nothing to be learned from it. A meteorologist would disagree with you.