Wednesday 19 April 2023

TMNT8 Dave Sim Cover C Color Progression

Benjamin Hobbs:

Waverly Comics asked me to color Dave Sim's Cover C for the TMNT8 campaign. I started with the color flats. The colors I used are a lot closer to the final colors than a lot of the previous color flats I've made:


Color was added to the rest of the image. I was thinking the orange logo would play off the Turtles green:


Waverly Comics didn't like the orange logo, so I tried blue, with a fade on the Cerebus logo.  The staff of the Time Scepter was also colored:

The blue logo still wasn't working. Last I heard, the logo will be a metallic green. The cover Dave sent didn't quite have enough image for the bleed of the print file, so Waverly asked me to expand out the image. This was done through copy and pasting and the clone stamp. Coloring in those extra leaves that will be trimmed off took FOREVER:


 Next Week: It's the last Wednesday of the month! A new CIH? will be at your LCS!


No comments: