Tuesday 4 April 2023

SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe #14: Ashcans Update! Even More Emo Dave!

 "This is a fantastic project and deserves to be fully supported."  

- Brian Davis, GoFundMe Supporter

Thanks, Brian! 

Presenting the third and possibly final strip if Dave ever gets wind of this.
Hey! I am NOT curled up in a ball. I would put the shape at more ovular. Bonus point for anyone who gets that reference.

Since the tote board didn't make it into this week's strip (again), let's get an up-to-the-minute SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe campaign update:
  • $4,345.91 raised from 81 donations (don't ask).
  • 25 new pages released as mocked up by Dave Sim from June 11 to August 18, 2021
  • 46 total pages available on Dropbox, including Dave's 2019 mocked-up pages
  • Only $54.09 away from unlocking fantastic page 47
  • SDOAR 2023 Ashcans Vol. 0 & Vol. 1 are still unlocked
Speaking of which... 

Jen's Non-Stressful Ashcan(s) Update

Alfonso at StudioComix Press got back to me and we had a delightful chat about the project, Dave, and how best to proceed. Alfonso, for the record, is very excited that SDOAR is continuing -- and gave me a bunch of specs which I forwarded onto one Philip Frey who has offered to work on cleaning up the files for me.

My plan is to create two complete versions of Ashcan #1 for proof printing. Version A would simply be cleaned up mocks, and Version B would be restored pages, making them as much of a finished product as possible. Once Philip and I are happy with the proofs, then we'll share with Dave for his comments. Depending on how he reacts (here be dragons), we'll either proceed with one version -- or offer both up. Or back the drawing board. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The hope is to have an issue ready internally in the next few weeks, then review the proofs, possibly another proofs, then to Dave. Then rinse and repeat with issue #0. Lots of ifs, ands, and buts, but the goal is to get to printing in May. Fingers crossed.

While I have preliminary print prices based on 100 copies, I am going to keep that confidential until Dave has a chance to weigh in. That said, I would like to ensure that all 51 GoFundMe donors who made the ashcan possible in the first are able to afford a copy, even if I need to personally subsidize the price.

Once we take care of the first wave of donors, then we can offer up to the larger public in general with a higher price point -- and see if that profit margin can give Dave a little more breathing room to work on SDOAR.

Any questions folks have along the way, please fire away, and I'll address in the next update.

Now back to how one can donate and get yet another ashcan added to my to-do list.

Just the Facts, Ma'am
  • If you have not donated >> $5+ donation grants access to all 46 pages and all pages moving forward! 
  • If you have donated (thanks!!) >> GoFundMe does not have an option for monthly subscriptions. So... if you want to donate on a monthly basis, please do so as we have just started month #4.
  • GoFundMe is a dreadful communication platform -- if you haven't heard back from me, gotten access to the new pages, etc., please email me at jen@typingmonkeys.com
SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe -->> https://gofund.me/4e2e1c96 <<-- SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe

Lower-Priced Pledge Items!

Crickets, baby! Crickets! This is my first comic book credit, dammit! <sigh>

As usual, make me an offer for any items below that tickle your fancy -- and we'll see if we can move the GFM numbers a bit in the process! If not, I'll move onto the next lot next week.
Interested? Email me at jen@typingmonkeys.com and make me an offer that I can't refuse.

SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe -->> https://gofund.me/4e2e1c96 <<-- SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe
 
Just the Fax, Ma'am

Updated David Beale rewards below. Jealous? Unlock a page (at every $200 increment) and Dave will send you something to lord over all the other Cerebus/Dave Sim/SDOAR fans in the crowd.



SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe -->> https://gofund.me/4e2e1c96 <<-- SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe

That's all, folks!

Jen 

3 comments:

Michael R. said...

Hi Jen!
Do you think Dave would consider writing an introduction?
Michael R

The Literate Engineer said...

Ovular is from Kafka’s “The Trial”.
What do I win?

Jen said...

To Michael R., already asked -- and it's a definite maybe.

To The Literate Engineer, so close! So very, very close!